IE7 new version leaked

If you type in a web form and then hit backspace, it doesn't disappear right away?

Never understood why people love leaked software. It's probably not been made public for a reason...especially when its something like a web browser.

Grandmaster said:
Never understood why people love leaked software. It's probably not been made public for a reason...especially when its something like a web browser.
My love affair is quickly fading, too many bugs and not worth it atm.

It works great, saw 1 minor irritating bug in beta 1. beta 2 is nice - havn't made it through all the new fandangled settings...

It's not a love affair at all Grandmaster. It's interesting to get an advanced look at it, play with it a little - hopefully make my web experience a bit more exciting at home. IE6 and a touch of mighty FF is all I've used really (minor flirt with Avant before the beta arrived) for the last 5 years.

So with a new browser at the forefront, I embrace it and test it out. Same goes for the messenger beta. When it becomes mainstream we will be already afficionados... able to help peeps adjust to their new and improved (we hope) internet experience.

It's sounds ridiculous - but I enjoy watching others at the apartment tool around in it for the 1st time - to see where it confounds them, or pleases them - and whether they will ever really make any real use out of the new tools. Gives me ideas on improvement and such. I write them down, and if I'm feeling generous I'll fire off an email to MS.

Ew, mine broke, and it broke my IE6.

I have switched to Firefox, for now :)

That's what I get for using leaked sh*t

Grandmaster said:

and its IE....i was never a fan, always firefox or avant...

Um, Avant isn't a seperate browser there buddy. It's only a shell for IE...

Still uses the IE Engine.

wwwdjrcs said:
Ew, mine broke, and it broke my IE6.

I have switched to Firefox, for now :)

That's what I get for using leaked sh*t

It's not the leak. PM me if you need help. I find it interesting how you choose to blame the software first. A disturbing trait.

One thing I needed to do before installing beta 2 was uninstall beta 1. You didn't use it though did you?

Mastershakes said:
It's not the leak. PM me if you need help. I find it interesting how you choose to blame the software first. A disturbing trait.
hehe, my system is just in shambles. I've been beating it down with a lot of beta software lately, and it needs a format. I used the no-install version, so that is probably why, and it just started randomly spawning windows all over the place. Firefox is only a band-aid, once I format I will get the installer of IE7 working fine. My PC needs an operation :eek:

K - PM me if you need any assistance cleaning it. I am running the same build since October 2002.

You may be right about the no-install version. Again, that link has addressed the issues (home page reg fix) and iecustom.dll.

Yeh, too much work, not worth it for me. Installing FF seems to have fixed the IE6 issue tho, friggin weird!

My door remains open. If you want to be in desktop support, best way to learn is to optomize your own system(s). From time to time, break it on purpose.

too much work, not worth it for ya? that's BS.

try to find out (or guess at) why you think your FF install fixed the IE6 issue.

stop trying to make me work, you are making my laziness resist :eek:

wwwdjrcs said:
Um, Avant isn't a seperate browser there buddy. It's only a shell for IE...

Still uses the IE Engine.

wow i didnt know that, i learned something, well ive been using firfox for a while now, but im happy...

wwwdjrcs said:
hehe, my system is just in shambles. I've been beating it down with a lot of beta software lately, and it needs a format. I used the no-install version, so that is probably why, and it just started randomly spawning windows all over the place. Firefox is only a band-aid, once I format I will get the installer of IE7 working fine. My PC needs an operation :eek:
You should consider VMware or VirtualPC (the latter comes with MSDN). If your system has enough RAM, it's a great way to try out even the most horrendously buggy pre-release builds without mucking up your actual system. My laptop running Vista 5270, and a VMware image with a disposable copy of XP are my guinea pigs currently. XP x64 on the desktop is my production environment and that stays in pristine condition. :D

NetRyder said:
You should consider VMware or VirtualPC (the latter comes with MSDN). If your system has enough RAM, it's a great way to try out even the most horrendously buggy pre-release builds without mucking up your actual system. My laptop running Vista 5270, and a VMware image with a disposable copy of XP are my guinea pigs currently. XP x64 on the desktop is my production environment and that stays in pristine condition. :D
I have used Virtual PC before, but my current system is not quite the most efficient PC ever. I need an upgrade, but it's far back on the list. Currently running a PIII 933MHz with 512MB of RAM. Gets the job done for what I need, as I don't game.

I do tri-boot though, I have Windows 2003 Server and Vista on here, with XP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back