IE6SP1 & cookies problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by perpetual98, Sep 10, 2002.

1. perpetual98

perpetual98 Guest

Hey all. I wasn't having any problems before I upgraded to SP1, but now my home page isn't working. I have it set at and I have to re-enter my username and password every time I log on. I checked my security setting, and they 'appear' to be right. What can I do to fix it. It doesn't pay to have a customized home page if I have to log into it every time.

2. kc7sbf

kc7sbf Guest

Since it may be a cookies problem, make sure that IE6 is set to accept cookies from that site. Sometimes a service pack changes a setting or two or adds a new feature.

You may also have to delete your cookies as a last resort, and see if you see new ones appear for Deleting cookies will not harm anything, but if you delete all of them, other sites that "recognize" you will require a login also. Try being selective and only delete cookies that relate to If you do this, and then log in and make it remember you, see if you see any new cookies, if you do, then it may be something else. If you don't see any new cookies, then IE6 is still blocking them.
  3. perpetual98

perpetual98 Guest

Ok, I deleted all the Yahoo cookies. It 'seems' to be ok right now, but I'll know for sure in the morning.

Thanks for the help. :)
  4. kc7sbf

kc7sbf Guest

No problem, glad I could help out :)