IE6 problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by FlyerXL, Jan 27, 2002.

1. FlyerXL

FlyerXL Guest

I don't know if this has been asked before, but ie has been randomly closing on me, more frequently during the past 2 days. It's very annoying, especially when your trying to do work, attempt to load a page, and bam, it closes on you. Any ideas? :confused:

2. max

max Guest

I have the same problem

"internet explorer has encountered an error and will shutdown"

i dont know why or a way to fix ...

we need to wait for MS to patch it for us :(

3. casper1

casper1 Guest

i have such problem oso... but i just happen when i download file from email... forget yahoo or hotmail .. :(

4. Ves007

Ves007 Guest

Seems I wasne't the only one.

5. FlyerXL

FlyerXL Guest

It's very frustrating....everytime my connection stars to lag when a page is loading and it doesn't pick up, *boom* ie closes. Atleast I'm not the only one after all :D . Anyone know anything that can solve this?

6. warby111

warby111 Guest

I have this problem too, have tried to reboot and also cold booting but the fault just appears out of nowhere. i can be happily browsing, close the browser down and relaunch the homepage loads from Cache but then try to go to faves or a link off homepage and BOOM it shuts down......... Any ideas guys!!

7. Kylie

Kylie Guest

Why dont you all list your specs and see if you have a common denominator to guide you :D

8. warby111

warby111 Guest

SPECS
    P3 / 550Mhz (Yes i know its old) lol
    384Mb Ram
    10 Gig HDD frequently defragged.
    Voodoo 3 / 2000 3DFX

9. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Good point, Kylie.

Also check you event viewer logs, and when you get the error you have the option to view the information... skim through it and see what you see.