IE6 Home Page

Still can't help ya with IE6. I still say use MOZILLA.

Have you checked the registry?

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page

Try changing it there.

Good luck.

She has 2 profiles. Would it show both in the REG.?

Hmm, I changed it in the registry but it still reverts back to XP-erience.org :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gonaads
She has 2 profiles. Would it show both in the REG.?
Yes if I sign on under her profile...which I did but it didn't change...weird

Jewelzz, did you do any updates to IE6?
Around the time the prob first appeared.
Maybe if you roll back the SYS to the day before the problem. Did She or you (also a she:rolleyes:.) change any settings in IE6 at the time of the problem? Backtrack your steps, sometimes it could be just something (a box) that was unchecked. Maybe look in Tweek UI (if you have it) to see if anything is different in the IE section. Something to do with the home page or... Or in the internet settings, see if it got set for all users or somethin???

I can't remember what I didn last night let alone if I might have changed something within the last few days that would cause this to happen :)

I've racked my brain trying to think of what, if anything I change. Not a dang thing...Oh well, my next days off I'll see what I can do to fix it until then, she'll just have to live with XP-ereince.org as her home page :)

Okay, try SEARCHING the registry for the exact value the home page gets changed to (www.xp-erience.org). It may show up in the "RUN" value, just the way MS makes your page go to the MSN website the first time you run IE.
Good luck...

Jewellz - When the simple things do not seem to make any sense - how about a far-fetched (?) explanation?

Could it be possible that somehow, someone (maybe even from this forum) has "hijacked your homepage"??

Think about - it would not affect your account since your homepage is set to XP-erience - but it would affect your daughter's and no matter how many times you do the normal things to change the homepage - it will not change.

I did a Google Search for change "IE6 homepage" and spotted this hijack thing - then did a search for "hijacked homepage" - there are all kinds of tech subjects etc - and after reading some of them - they sure sound liek your problem!

Just a thought!

:confused:

Bytes back: No I haven't tried deleting her profile, I'm trying to avoid that if possible

damnyank: Were there any solutions?

did you try deleting some of the essential IE6 files in explorer and under her profile? then just download the new IE from micro$oft.com

It isn't only her profile. I tried to change my homepage and it reverts back to xp-ereince.org :confused:

Jewellz - uuh, haa - sounds more and more like a hijacking!

I'll look for some solutions!

:D

Try this - it isn't exactly what you have going on - but it seems to have some good info - of course I don't know how it will apply to XP!

Response # 6 & 7

Nope & nope :(

I did a system restore going back about a week and it still hasn't fixed it. I also can't change my homepage (not that I want to).

Just curious...are there any restrictions on her account? Like not being able to set homepage or other types of thingies like that?

I lost my train of thought...sorry....

No, we both have admin rights and neither of us can change our homepage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back