IE6 download question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DeeBeeS, Dec 11, 2005.

1. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Recently when downloading an update etc., I have been getting a small box in the top left hand corner of my screen, this box is often blank and cannot be enlarged.

From some investigation I found that this is from Microsoft asking me if I want to download this programme, this security feature used to come up under my Google Bar at the top of the screen which I preferred.

Is there anyway I can get this back. Thankyou in anticipation.

David

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

This is just a WAG while I go research it but:

Next time the box pops up grab it (left click and hold the button down) and drag it to where you want it under the google tool bar, then release it. It may lock there. This works for some of the new MS menu systems. (Drives my wife nuts, she keeps rearranging menus by accident.)

If that doesn't work try right clicking the bock to see if a menu opens that allows you to enlarge it.

When you do get it back in place select lock toolbars under View in the IE menu.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  3. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Thanks a lot for your info LeeJend I will give it a try and see what happens, looks like a logical answer to me. Appreciated.

4. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Tried what you said, nothing happened, tried the drag and drop no change. I just click on the X in the right hand corner and it goes. The box is completely empty.

5. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Are you describing the Information Bar?

If so I do not think it can be moved so maybe Google toolbar has messed it up somehow.

6. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Thanks Zombie interesting read, did a system repair yesterday appears to sorted out the problem.

Dave