IE6 download question

DeeBeeS

OSNN Addict
Recently when downloading an update etc., I have been getting a small box in the top left hand corner of my screen, this box is often blank and cannot be enlarged.

From some investigation I found that this is from Microsoft asking me if I want to download this programme, this security feature used to come up under my Google Bar at the top of the screen which I preferred.

Is there anyway I can get this back. Thankyou in anticipation.

David

This is just a WAG while I go research it but:

Next time the box pops up grab it (left click and hold the button down) and drag it to where you want it under the google tool bar, then release it. It may lock there. This works for some of the new MS menu systems. (Drives my wife nuts, she keeps rearranging menus by accident.)

If that doesn't work try right clicking the bock to see if a menu opens that allows you to enlarge it.

When you do get it back in place select lock toolbars under View in the IE menu.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your info LeeJend I will give it a try and see what happens, looks like a logical answer to me. Appreciated.

Tried what you said, nothing happened, tried the drag and drop no change. I just click on the X in the right hand corner and it goes. The box is completely empty.

Thanks Zombie interesting read, did a system repair yesterday appears to sorted out the problem.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back