Ie

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
hey my gf said her internet explorer opens for like 5 sec and then closes...thats all she said about it and she cant do anything since thats her browser...so does anybody know what to do? thanks

okie dokie :)...i will tell her and should get back too u in a few...o and she has pc chillin :S...prob not the best scanner but o well

Try this:

Use the System File Checker tool to scan all of the protected files on your computer:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK.

You might try this too:

Repair IE--
Start/Run/regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Reinstall IE--
Start/run/rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

umm she cant go to any sites :S...so now what? and the system file checker didnt do anything...o didnt see your post i will see if the repairinn ie thing will work

Is IE staying open now? If so but she's not connecting to sites, does she have a good IP address? If you haven't yet, you might run HijackThis as Henry stated and post the log here.

give her hijackthis, on disk or email it ;) also look in taskmanager for suspicious entries you can end task :p

well i cant email her so that wont work...but she has a aol cd so i could have her install ie from the aol disk since they have a install for it on there

So you tried the reinstall and it didn't work?

well nvm bout the aol cd its a old cd so blah...and she cant find her xp cd so i guess she is gonna have to wait till tomorrow when i walk ova to her house...i would today but i skipped school and told my mom i was sick and so now i cant leave the house :(

she needs to register the dlls

I don't have that info with me, maybe someone else will post it for you

ummm...yeah she cant surf cause of IE...but tomorrow i should fix it when i go ova there

here ya go;

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
If the problem is still not resolved, verify that the following registry values are present and correct:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
Name: (Default)
Value: IDispatch
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid
Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid32
Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Unwonted said:
In the meantime, can she try an alternate browser just go do some surfing?
http://www.myie2.com/html_en/download.htm

MyIE uses the IE engine, I doubt it would work if IE doesn't.

These are the DLL's you should try and reregister

Urlmon.dll
Shdocvw.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

Start > Run regsvr32 urlmon.dll etc.

That's what you want to do (what perris and j79zlr said). I used to have that info but it seems that I lost it. I have it again now though! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back