IE, XP and page cannot be displayed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Maine, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Maine

Maine Guest

Have been using XP Pro since it was released. I have only just found this great sight and wondered if someone can help. Every few weeks after no problems my internet dial up connects but cannot display pages or receive or send emails. I cannot then disconnect without turning off my PC.
    I have ISDN using just 1 line, have an internal ASUS P-IN100-ST-DV adapter.
    I have checked with the sevice provider ClaraNet who confirm that the problem is at my end. Having looked at some other similar problems in the forum I wonder if it to do with the IP address.
    Any ideas how to cure it without keep doing my annoying re-install.

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

next time it happens try doing an ipconfig /release then a ipconfig /renew...although i've never seen this problem when it comes to ISDN so i'm not sure how much of a help this might be.

3. Maine

Maine Guest

Useless Me

Give me more details on how to do this. Step by step please.

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

just open up the command prompt, or click start, run and type in cmd

then when the command console comes up type ipconfig /release

when they is done type in ipconfig /renew and see if it does anything.

5. Maine

Maine Guest

Won't let me do your request, get the message "This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissable for this operation."

Any other ideas people.:(

6. Maine

Maine Guest

S*-/

This is an absolute nightmare. Have now got new drivers from Asus and its still no different!

Come on Guys more help.

At present I have turned off the XP firewall to see if that makes a difference. Will report back.

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

8. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

well tell us why you needed the new drivers in the 1st place
    and explane what the problem is, we arnt mind readers.

9. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

This person starts 3 different posts all stating the same problem... And dosent offer much info on HIS problem. Then demands more help. Sounds to me like someone needs to learn about humility.
    :mad:

10. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

i hate it when that happens , ppl demand help and cant be bouthed to at least look to solve the problem them selves 1st
    sounds like person that has the problem need to RTFM and learn some manners.

11. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I agree totally. Its burns me up when ppl just become a member in a forum then post1 or 2 x demanding help and dont even search the previous postings nor do they search for the answers by even RTFM or even at the very least search the M$ database. And they never offer help to others.. gimme gimme gimme.

12. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

i here ya [P§eüðøKe®] , lets jsut hope he's totaly screwed up his pc hahaha :p

13. Jewelzz

Be nice! I think he hit New Thread instead of Reply.

14. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Unfortunatly I think I know what his problem is but I think his greatest challenge is his own lack of knowledge. He just does not know what he is doing. - Problem Lies Between The Monitor And The Chair - :D

15. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

Ok i will be nice, if he gives more info on the problem i will try and help him out.
    maby this is the problem , insted of there being no spoon
    "there is no PC insted" lol

16. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Sorry Jewelzz I dont mean to be a PITA but some ppl need to learn how to use the forum. If he cant then how can he expect us to help him. He cant even follow simple directions and needs a little humility. IMO

17. Jewelzz

Haven't you ever been new to something and had to feel your way around? (omg why did I use the word feel). It's Maine's 8th post, I'm sure by reading what you and surge had to say he'll learn quick and/or ask questions :p

18. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Ok, people, remember were all different and if he's new to forums maybe doesn't know the protocol and secret handshakes :D

So, I did a search and he's posted these before.......

Have been using XP Pro since it was released. I have only just found this great sight and wondered if someone can help. Every few weeks after no problems my internet dial up connects but cannot display pages or receive or send emails. I cannot then disconnect without turning off my PC.
    I have ISDN using just 1 line, have an internal ASUS P-IN100-ST-DV adapter.
    I have checked with the sevice provider ClaraNet who confirm that the problem is at my end. Having looked at some other similar problems in the forum I wonder if it to do with the IP address.
    Any ideas how to cure it without keep doing my annoying re-install.

Won't let me do your request, get the message "This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissable for this operation."

Exactly the same problem here but with ISDN

19. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Hmm 'feel your way around' hmm I am in a quandry, do I make a comment on that or do I shut up. Hmm <scratches chin> I will be quiet ...better to be thought of as a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. :D

I wouldnt have a problem helping anyone with any problem. But he posted the same problem by starting 3 topics. And then in this one he demands more help... I find that annoying.

20. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

secret handshakes??????? nobody told me about secret handshakes????? why wasn't I informed about the secret handshakes?????

feel robbed.......leaving for different forum......good day ;)

all jewelzz fault anyway :p