ie security question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Perris Calderon, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

once in a while, I get a page thar refuses any action till I allow an active x download

this includes alt+f4 !!!

the only way out is through task manager, and that will close all of my windows...sometimes I have 30 windows going, and some are unretreivable, so the last thing I want to do is end task on any window.

right now, my solution is to just work with the other windows from the task bar, then when I'm finnished I end task on that sucker that won't close.

anyone get this, and any ideas how to close the window without using the taskmanager?

thanx in advance

2. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

my windows are managed pretty easily...I easily open links in new windows, so that;s not an issue...I also have no problem managing what I'm working on...I really don't see the need in my case for that utility

also, I can go to any window and close it with right click...except the type of windows I'm talking about...I think that program will run into the same trouble I'm running into.

thanx for the try...I think I'll give tat utility a try, but I don't see how it can resolve the problem I'm having...thanx again for the effort