IE quick help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zapoqx, May 28, 2006.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

Hey all,
    I want to know, I think one of the Windows updates did this and I'm not sure if this was posted before (sorry if it was), but how do you get rid of the:
    A: Click ok to active ActiveX Control
    B: The click on a flash based or some sort of script based animation to allow access to interactive mode.

Thanks in Advance.

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Yes it was a security update to windows. Not sure if you can get rid of all the "click ok prompts". MS knows what's good for you better than you do.

Look at check boxes under tools-internet options-security-custom

and

tools, internet options, advanced. Security settings.

Check the ones you are willing to risk like Active X.

You could also add sites you use a lot and trust to your "trusted sites" which relaxes security.

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

It was a cumulative update for IE. It was released as a stand alone update back in March but was released again as a cumulative update in April. It cannot be uninstalled nor would I suggest trying.

The update became necessary because of a court judgment against Microsoft.

4. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

You can download the ActiveX compatibility patch which will return IE to the way it used to handle ActiveX. However, that will only help until the next update in June as then the change will be permanent.

5. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

Thanks. I only use IE on a some websites that FireFox seems to like changing around content. I just hated that whole click to interact with some sort of applet.

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I'm fairly certain this ruling will affect other web browsers in the future. It has to do with the way embedded content is run.