IE problems with saving pictures

V

V12Kid

Why does IE only save all my pics as bitmaps and not jpegs? Everytime I save a pic it only allows it as bitmap? Is there a setting I can check to get it back to normal? thanks

matt

Images save as bitmaps only

If you know the picture isn't a bitmap, but Internet Explorer will only let you save it as one, backup your registry and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg
For Content Type, it should say "image/jpeg". If it already says that, goto Start, Run and type in: regsvr32.exe /i shdocvw.dll

http://www.ieinfosite.co.uk/tip_view.asp?id=113

Excuse me if I am having a "senior moment" - but wasn't one of the fixes for this clearing out your Temporary Internet File???? :confused: :confused:

If so seems like registry hack wouldn't accomplish the same thing????:confused:

Originally posted by damnyank
Excuse me if I am having a "senior moment" - but wasn't one of the fixes for this clearing out your Temporary Internet File????
That's what I would try first. :)

this is a known bug in IE that has several causes, the most common of which being that the temporary internet cache is full. The solution to this is to empty your cache.

Reference this Microsoft TechNet doc for more detailed information http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q260650&

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format if Username:password Is Part of the URL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back