IE problem

Ifty

OSNN Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am having a strange problem that is everytime I open a new internet explorer window, it closes the 1st one and opens a new one !!! I can't open multiple IE windows.

Any idea to fix it ?

Thanks in advance :)

Ifty said:
Hi everyone,

I am having a strange problem that is everytime I open a new internet explorer window, it closes the 1st one and opens a new one !!! I can't open multiple IE windows.

Any idea to fix it ?

Thanks in advance :)

Disclaimer: This post in no way will fix your problem or by anymeans tell you what to do.
I must say ahead of time "sorry" if any mod out there thinks "this isnt helping" or is "unprofessional". :crosseyed:

nuff said

Ever consider Firefox? You should check it out
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Ifty -

Clear your cache (delete files + offline content), cookies. Reset your web settings.
Run HijackThis, and post it here.

I somehow doubt this is the case, but make sure:

Tools->Internet Options-> Advanced tab - Make sure the checkbox "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is not checked.

As American Zombie mentioned, IEFix is a valuable tool.

It should clean it up well for you. If it doesn't work, there are a few ways to proceed from there - you could reinstall IE6 (yes, you can on XP)

If you go into the Task Manager - take a gander at the process tab - is there only one instance of iexplore.exe in there? When you open another one, do you notice that there are briefly two instances?

You're right!.. the problem is, you're using internet explorer!!! :p

I suggest Firefox.. it might be 5 or 10% slower... but i assure you, it is a much better browser 8)

Why is it when questions pop up bout Internet Explorer..there will
always be some guy who will say...hey use FireFox!! If the
question is about browser recomendation..then its cool..but every
single question on IE..there just has to be some dude who have to
say something about FireFox....

I think u Firefox users are just Jealous and cant take the fact
that there are ppl who still enjoy using IE!! So get over it....
I have both installed on my machine so I am familiar with
both browsers....If u cant help the IE question then dont
bother...

I won't suggest an option but this may be a good reason to consider one (other than that IEfix should work for you):

crit3rr.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back