IE problem...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by alloy25, Oct 6, 2003.

1. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Some times when I go to a page IE locks up.....

I then pressed help tab and went to about internet explorer and got the following scene...This has confused I missing something???

I have WinXP SP1 and all my updates have been gotton...

Any help

2. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Grab Ad-Aware from lavasoft, scan your HD for adware, and spy stuff, then grab a copy of any free anti virus tools and scan your HD, and then, if it still aint fixed, call up MS, tell me your gonna commit suicide if they dont help, and get it fixed :)
  3. Quick Reply

Quick Reply Guest

have you hacked your DLLs? if not check Internet Explorer Security Options to check that Javascripts are on etc. Clear your cache, and if that doesn't work, Repair Internet Explorer (i think that you have to repair Windows since your using XP, boot off the xp disc and choose repar when you select where to install)
  4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

This may do the trick... it resolves many different IE issues.

Open the command prompt and type the following, one at a time, hitting <enter> after each.

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 shell32.dll
  5. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

and wat is this supposed to do for my problem?????? In other words wat does it do????

Alloy25:( :eek:
  6. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Well, the idea is that it will fix your problem. :p

I'm not going to go into detail over what each of these does. If you want more information, then you can use Microsoft's Knowledge Base and read articles 281679 and 326815.
  7. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Cool ...I did wat u told me to do but the problem still exist...Thanx for the suggestion though..

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525