ie popups

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ci2e, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

Is it possible to disable internet explorer popups no matter what they might be; while playing a game and a ie pops up your game appears to be paused but really it isn't; you don't even realize what it is that paused your game until you get back to your desktop. this is very annoying; and i would like to put ie pop ups to an end.

this is the url that popped up:

I also would like to turn off ie error reporting off- microsoft can just debug all there own sh!t for all i care- giving me nothing but trouble; thank god for forums.
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

to kill pop ups you'd need a program that does just that, there are a bunch floatin around, check As for the error reporting, under your system properties in control panel, goto error reporting and disable it there. then in IE goto your tools internet options and go through and disable script debugging and turn off notify about script errors
  3. westy1

westy1 Guest

4. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

are there some web pages that cannot function without scripts then therefore i dont want to disable script debugging- or do i?
  5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

turning of script debugging just stops error messages coming up when theres an error in the script, it doesn't disable scripts
  6. eddieb

eddieb OSNN Addict

Try Pop-Up Stopper Pro. Does a great job for me.
  7. reyvis

reyvis Guest

just tried popup ad filter. this has been the best of the bunch so far. tried it with a special nasty warez site with about 1000 popups when you click a link and it beat all comers.stopped the lot and no configuring .