IE Opening ...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by PseudoKiller, Aug 29, 2003.

1. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I got this the following tweak from MS themselves in their Windows Platform News - 2003, Issue 42 :D

Always remember to backup your registry before attempting any modifications to it. Or if you dont feel comfortable editing your registry then DONT DO IT.

2. lechtard

lechtard Guest

That is good info - Thanx ..

3. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

I'm not quite following. This would stop page links from opening up. I'm using FastBrowser about 90% of the time because it opens up seperate links and keeps them open so I can switch back and forth between sites without having to re-open a new page each time. Is this what you mean.. "Sorry I'm brain dead right now--long week"!)

4. dubstar

dubstar format c:

if your surfing the net, and you have a program open, and maybe click on the program to open up the software developers website, it will open a new window, instead of taking over any window you already have open.

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Does the author of this article mention why he recommends to use regedit to make this change?

Ticking or unticking "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" in Internet Options > Advanced changes this registry value as well.

6. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

pffff who wants to do it the easy way yoyo ;)

7. I use Avant Browser which is very good. I've set it to load a new page every time I click a link with the scroll wheel of my mouse.

8. wadada

wadada Moderator

. . .

kewl tweak PK :)

9. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

Re: . . .

it is a cool tweak...but look to yoyo's post please

10. ZeeTX

ZeeTX Guest

Well there's another way - No need of any registry hacks..:D

Open up IE Properties:

- Go to the Advanced Tab.
    - Under browsing category/section - "Uncheck" - Reuse Windows for lauching shortcuts.
    - Then just Click Apply & OK.

That's it you are done...:cool: .
    Now whenever you click any hyperlink in a webpage it automatically relaunches in a seperate IE window....:)

ZeeTX

11. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

Good job! Thats cool to see open seperate windows in IE. I'll probably still use Fastbrowser or Avant browser once in awhile.