IE content advisor problem.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lizardking, Jan 25, 2002.

1. lizardking

lizardking Guest

Hi!
    My friend recently bought a new computer and installed XP Home on it. She signed up for AOL and then unistalled it and is using Verizon or something as her new ISP. However, everytime she connects to the internet, she gets a system dialog box that says something about Content advisor thinks that the page may be unsuitable for viewing and prompts her to input a password with username as Supervisor. All this when she is logged in as Administrator. Her security settings are at low and she does not have an account called Supervisor. her default page is not set to a password protected site either. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    LK

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

In Internet Explorer, go to the 'tools' pull-down menu at the top> Internet Options> 'content' tab... that's where the 'content advisor' lives. As far as a password goes... dunt have a clue.

3. lizardking

lizardking Guest

Supervisor password

Thanks. However, When the settings are tried to be changed, the user is prompted for the Supervisor password. Somehow a Supervisor password has been set and I have no idea as to what to do. Is there a crack or a tweak for this? I bet u can mess with the registry key and do something.
    Anybody?

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

rofl, I just enabled the content advisor and set a password to see if I could searh the registry to find it, i couldn't. the funny part was that I couldn't even surf this site, each link I hit popped it up asking for the password, lol.

For all I know, you're a 10 year old kid wanting to search for baaaad things... this is my last post on this subject.

5. lizardking

lizardking Guest

Delete the registry key!

Thats what i did finally. Run REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.....Software......Microsoft.....Windows.....CurrentVersion....Policies. Delete the folder Ratings there and U r free to run all over the internet like a dog in frenzy.
    Should have thought of it before. :)
    Thanks