IE Auto Refreshing Each 5 Seconds on Every Web Page

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kcnychief, Mar 13, 2007.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Just ran into this, as it was the first time I came across it and thought it was rather odd/interesting I would post incase others experience it.

No matter what pages a user would go to, the site itself would go and refresh every 5 seconds without fail. This happened for all 10 of the test pages I went to on his PC, each and everytime. Resetting his web settings, windows updates, emptying Internet Cache provided no help.

I decided to run a Hijackthis scan just to take a peek and noticed something odd -

[​IMG]

His proxy server was actually pointing back to the local host. I went to look at it under Internet Options, and found this -

[​IMG]

Since it was checked and greyed out, I removed it using HJT, rebooted and all was well again. IE was no longer automatically refreshing pages at repeated 5 second intervals. Believe it or not, the user has dealt with this issue ever since he got his PC in April of last year.

2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

he must of been happy with you then lol

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Yeah was rather excited, can't believe he "lived with it" for near a year :eek:

Came to a point today where he couldn't deal anymore, was trying to get driving directions and the forms kept blanking every 5 seconds before he could submit it :p

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

lol, man... how did he live with that for a year..

5. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

you mean.. it's not normal??!?! :s :eek: