IE and WMP problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by enes, Sep 20, 2002.

1. enes

enes Guest

I am a new here, and allredy with big problems. When I browse the internet with IE i can't open any link with scripts (javascript or vbscript, its the same). I get a blank page. Also I can open a popup window, but i have not installed any pop up killer. It opend when I press shift and click the link, but again it's a window with a error mesage.

The second problem is that I can't start WMP. It crashes with this note : The instruction at "0x591c28e9" referenced memory at "0x521e4e70". The memory could not be "read".

It's a Compaq presario 700UK with Windows XP Home edition.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Has the problem with IE just started or did you tweak it somehow?
    You could try repairing IE.
  3. AyA

AyA Guest

i have similar porblems with ie6 in xp, its just screwed, it sometimes just doesnt open links and the web search button s dont work.

Reinstalling ie6 does not solve my problem, also in xp you can not uninstall and reinstall ie6, also ive tried getting sp1 for ie6, still has problems.
  4. enes

enes Guest

Tried to repair, no luck. After that I installed SP1 for IE 6, and some problems have gone. No more popup blocking, VBscripts work fine, but some javascript still no. Any idea about the problems with the Windows media player?