IE Address bar problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tokey22, Apr 8, 2002.

1. tokey22

tokey22 Guest

I cleared the history and temp files in IE, but there are still some address that didn't erase. How do i delete the other address ..

ie: i type in www.b... and i get a bunch of address that start with www.b...

i cleared the history several times but it still shows the other address..

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

try turning off inline autocomplete, then turning it back seems to be cached some other way since it caches multiple fields and they are not all stored in the history..also make sure then when you do a clear that you clear all files and cookies to be sure :)
  3. allan

allan Guest

then type: IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    I've been having this prob too. Auto complete is off, and I clear cookies and files every day or so.
  5. tokey22

tokey22 Guest

nothing has changed

i tried all your suggestions and it did not work.. anything else?

6. shaydenb

shaydenb Guest

IE History

In IE, click Tools - Internet Options - Clear History.
  7. tokey22

tokey22 Guest

well duh!

I know how to clear the history. if that basic option had worked i wouldn't have posted anything.

but thanks
  8. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

That's a strange problem. Do you have more then one account set up on your computer? Maybe you need to clear the history/temp files/cookies in another account or something. I'm the only user on my computer (auto logon as administrator) and I've never encountered this problem.
  9. tokey22

tokey22 Guest

I have a GAME account and the main account i use ..

i have cleared both temp directorys and history directories and cleared the history in internet options.

still shows the other address... :(
  10. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Dunno what to tell you. I've never seen this problem posted before and don't know a fix. I have one more 'you can try this' suggestion. Log in under the 'Administrator' account and go through the motions there too. :confused: Good luck.
  11. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Happens to me too would love to find a fix for it.