IE 7 and IE 6

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Is it possible to run IE7 on one log on and IE 6 on another log on on the same pc, if so how can i do it?

No, you cannot have both versions of Windows Internet Explorer installed at the same time. You can, however, install Virtual PC and install another copy (you would need a second license) of Windows XP.

Ok thanks for that Matt. Not worth the hassle or the xtra cost.

Matt nailed it right on the head, also worth pointing out that if you somehow were able to get it to work, it's illegal to have both within the same Operating System. The only legal way to do it, is to have it within a Virtual Environment with a second license.

there is no cost "right now" if you wanted to run it in a virtual machine. Microsoft released a Virtual PC image with XP SP2 and IE6 - so, you would install IE7 on your main machine and run IE6 in the Virtual PC image. specifically for developers that wanted both versions to test.. I

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/11/30/ie6-and-ie7-running-on-a-single-machine.aspx

in particular note the
Most importantly, you don’t even have to buy an additional Windows license.
and the
The image is time bombed and will no longer function after April 1, 2007

And since Virtual PC is free, you just would need the horsepower to run it.

Ah yes, forgot about that image download. Think I was one of the people who even posted it originally :D

maybe :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back