IE 6 really weird problem

S

Slurrey

Sometimes my IE messes up and I have to restart. Things that are supposed to show up on webpages just don't show up! Things like tables or even whole parts of webpages!

ie1.jpg

ie2.jpg

ie3.jpg

This just happens after a while for no reason! Does it have anything to do with the NIMDA virus I reemoved a while ago? I can't keep restarting everytime this happens it gets really annoying! There's no way that i know of to re-install ie6 either!

Do you got ZA 3.0 installed? Cause I got the same problem when I go to some sites

ZA 3.0? What's that? Well If I don't know what it is then I probably don't have it installed haha

ZA is Zone Alarms...It's a firewall....

But, sorry, I don't know your problem...

Try to empty the cache and change your cache settings. Go in Tools/Internet Options (in IE)

1. Click on Delete Files, then Yes.
2. Click on Settings
3. Place the dot next to Every visit to the page.
4. Place something around 20-50 in the Amount of disk space to use.
5. Click OK, then go in Security.
6. For all the zones, click on Default Level (if enabled).
7. Click OK to complete and restart IE.

That's something you should do every once in a while, if you have this kind of problem again. Look for the Firewall, it COULD be a problem. Also, if you have an antivirus, you might want to try disabling web scanning (if it has this feature).

Yes, a lot of new antivirus have script protection, scans web pages for harmfull javascript/activx or other dangerous code... If it's not working properly,.. I don't know, it was just a guess. It could be related =P

yes

and this would leave him open to attack>>>>>>>

Yes, a lot of new antivirus have script protection, scans web pages for harmfull javascript/activx or other dangerous code... If it's not working properly,.. I don't know, it was just a guess. It could be related =P

guess if an antivirus program protects against harmful things turning it off just because you cant see a web page would make sence?? guess he might as well give out his icq# and ip address just in case it is related too eh ........ come on taking a guess is ok telling a guy to unprotect his machine seems extreme.... then again thats only my opinion .......your first ideas were ok clean out temp files and check security levels , I also have found that reinstalling microsoftsVM clears up a lot of little jitters and bugs in web pages ...........;)

Everyone keeps telling me it's the nimda virus and that's what it does to webpages, but I'm pretty sure that I got rid of it! I used my virus scanning program and at least 2 or 3 nimda removal tools and they say there's nothing to be found! I've tried everything to get rid of this problem and nothing helps!

I sure wish I could reinstall explorer without reinstalling XP! :mad:

no biggie

Reinstall XP its no big deal better than pulling your hair out .... you can try without a format.... if it dont work well lesson learned the hard way we all been there, next time be careful eh good luck!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back