IE 6 in windows xp problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by omegaucv, Apr 22, 2002.

1. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

i just installed winxp pro and installed ALL the updates. For some reason IE wont allow me to download files on ANY webpages. The only way i can download is if i connect via FTP in IE. I tryed Opera and im able to download files perfectly. Someone tested IE on their pc and found no problems. For some reason when i use IE to download files the normal way (http links) it wont save the full file. my pc specs are as follows.

P3 750
    over 300sdram pc-133
    50gig hdd
    winxp pro with updates.

2. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

:p

does anyone not know post anything so i atleast acknowledge someone is reading this.

3. duder

duder Guest

check your internet security settings and the advanced tab for anything out of the ordinary

4. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

:p

i checked and nothing seams wrong. Can u post what you have selected so i can compare? maybe a screen shot image?

5. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

After writing down all you current settings on the Advanced Page - how about:
    Tools, options, advanced, Restore Default Settings????

There are two entires on the advanced page concerning FTP - neither are checked on my set up!

6. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

those are checked off for me as well. i dunno what is causing this.

7. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

have you got the latest build 3805 of msjav from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

or windowsupdate

Its the Jarva console. (when installed you need to check the box in Internet options labeled "use java console". a reboot is required after.

8. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

mm..

Enabling that Java thing seamed to fix the problem. But i'm still testing the downloading. I will post as soon as i see a problem.

9. omegaucv

omegaucv Guest

ok it doesnt work. it still cuts off the download for no reason. It was working for a few seconds then it cut off.