IDE to Sata converter with Intel 9R - No detection

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all,

I was hoping somebody could help, I have got a couple of converters the first converts an IDE device to a SATA host and the second can do it either way (so SATA to IDE, or IDE to SATA). I have got these so I can connect my DVD Writer to a SATA port and then disable the Jmicron ide controller.
The problem I have is using either one, my motherboard just does not want to detect the DVD drive and the only thing I can get it to do is occasionly hang while trying to detect ide devices.

I have tried both converters, different ports on the motherboard, and changing/removing the jumper from DVD drive.
My chipset is an intel X48 with the 9R southbridge

Anybody have any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back