ID3 and MP3 help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luish, Jan 14, 2006.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

Hey !

I used a program to add id3 info to some mp3's but it downloaded wrong info and the thing is that it changed the files name too.

is there a program that can repair it ? like finding the right id3's of each file and thus, renaming the files back ?

thanks.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've used the MusicBrainz Tagger in the past. I found that it works pretty well for most types of English music. It basically compares the "accoustic fingerprint" (TRM ID) of the song against its online database, and tags the song if there's a match. You can also configure it to rename the files based on specific ID3 tags.

http://musicbrainz.org/tagger/

3. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

I think that, that is the program who made all the trouble :)

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

You're going to have to manually fix everything. It did it for a few albums I have too.

But it's not a bad program because this was only about 30 songs out of 1500.

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Wow, you guys are brave using that program. I fed it 40 songs out of my collection and it only ID'd 30 of them and found 2 it wanted to upload my ID3 data on. Those 2 songs were very popular and should already have been in the database.

Since that database is built on user uploads it can contain major amounts of bad info. I'm uninstalling it now....

PS luish. You get to re ID them by hand. Last time I had to do ID's by hand I used musicmatch but that was 6 years ago.

6. DaVo

DaVo OSNN Addict

Well I have a huge MP3 collection (over 250 GB of the stuff) and I am always renaming the files because I am ana* with folders and organisation and stuff...

Anyway....I use Tag&Rename to fix all my audio files.

It's awsome and does everything I need it to: http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Give it a go...it may help your problem.

7. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

9. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Yeah .. The godfather and teg&rename are the best ones to use ..