ICS with win98 & XP

• Thread starter noisy_lightning
  • Start date
N

noisy_lightning

right i have an issue with ICS, it used to work, untill i recently built my own machine, and handed down my old one, we replaced the p100 on our network with my pIII 600 and then my amd1800+ as the ICS server.

Well anyway, it started off fine, all the network worked, bar the ICS which has happened b4, so i removed all the protocols and devices (network) and rebooted installed them all and the network worked, and still no ICS i then changed the IP of the 600 and rebooted, then nothing works (network) If i remove and add them all the network still fails.

Any solutions>

pIII 600 has win 98

amd 1800+ has winxp

This config used to work, why not now

The main connection to the internet must be delacred as a shared device. Then you need to run the "Set up a home or small office network" wizard from the Network Places icon on the desktop. All the necessary settings should be taken care of automatically.

You should have TCP/IP installed and bound to your connection device. Depending on what you plan to do, some people also install NetBEUI, IPS/SPX and so on. If you plan on using Direct Connect, then IPX/SPX is a must for duplicate naming.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back