ICS gateway just poped out, grrrr how to remove it?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Skizoid, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Skizoid

Skizoid Guest

Had no problems till I updated firmware on linksys 4 port router. Have both machines connected to the router which in turn in connected to my dsl modem, but now under my network connections i have the "internet gateway" icon and remaking the network will not eliminate it. So to me it looks like the router is the "gateway" and by disabling it i cant access the internet from either machine. Can someone help me with disabling this ICS or should I revert to older firmware to reset the router to "old" ways?

2. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Is it this firmware upgrade your talking about, 1.42.3, Jan 28 2002?

3. Skizoid

Skizoid Guest

Nope the newest one dated March, 1.42.6

Something strange is going on since I can see network then few minutes its gone grrr, Pulling my hair out trying to reset everything back to old settings since that seemed to work ok. Also is there a way to nuke my old network settings?

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

THat is a new feature of the router's firmware. Go to the password tab of the Linksys' web config. Check disable next to uPnP Services

JJB6486

5. Skizoid

Skizoid Guest

Thanks, that was the problem. After I disabled that feature everything went back to the "old" settings. Thank you guys
    :)