ICQ and the systemtray

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by loppdawg69, Apr 3, 2002.

1. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

Hi my name is Nate, and i...sniffle...sniffle...am an ICQ User... I have been using for a couple years now and i cant stop every day over and over...yet after my xp-erience =P after some time the system tray icon no longer will display messages it will sort of freeze the system tray icon...wont show if you go from offline to online or anything. Anyone experience this??
    Oh yeah and so i can give you guys some more flame material i also have...dun dun dunnnnn AOL. lol but i connect through a cable modem and i dont pay for it =P.

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Are you using the newest 2002 beta/whatever version of ICQ? I belive they fixed the problem in it.

3. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

Eeek ! A hardcore ICQ user !!

So yourself a BIG favor.....give Trillian a try !! This is one SWEET program !! I have the new ICQ 2002a on my system too....but thats more to change the server side options that I can't get to in Trillian. Pretty bug free for a program as young as this one in development....haven't had ANY real problems...even the AOL issue is fixed....for NOW !

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

:D

4. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

yes it is the newest version and it still does it

5. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

i use trillian on my laptop and its ok..i dont like it yet i mean its ok.but not for what i use all the time.

6. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

lol 7 digit :p

I still have a 6 digit UIN top that! 402273 :)