Icon Spacing???

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Black_Pride, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Black_Pride

Black_Pride OSNN Addict

Does anyone know how to separate the icons on my desktop and in my windows (such as control panel) so that the descriptions are not on top of each other and cutting each other off?

I upgraded my WindowsME to XP Professional on my laptop and my icons look like they are crowding each other on the desktop and several windows. Is there a setting I am missing? I have played around with all the resolutions and I can't seem to space them out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.... :confused:

2. Tope

Tope Guest

icons

Right click on your desktop, choose "Arrange icons by"and untick "Auto Arrange". You can now move your icons where you like. Do the same in control panel.

3. Tope

Tope Guest

If you want to use the auto-arrange feature, you can change the horizontal and vertical spacing between icons by going to Start/Settings/Control Panel/ Display/ Appearance tab, click the "Advanced" button and in the "Item" field choose "Icon Spacing (Horizontal)" or "Icon Spacing (Vertical)" from the dropdown list. Change the spacing until your icons appear as you want. If the Font is rather large, you can change that, in there also, by choosing "Icon" (instead of "Icon Spacing") from the dropdown list. Hope that helps, Black_Pride.:)

4. Black_Pride

Black_Pride OSNN Addict

THANKS!!

Thanks for the reply...the second option is the one i was looking for. I knew it was somewhere but I couldnt find it. Thanks Alot!

5. Tope

Tope Guest

Glad to help, Black_Pride. :)