Icon Question

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Homerbalooza, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

I was trying to find a program to make my icons not look like shortcuts. Take off the little arrow thing, someone told me a program like winhand or somthing like that but i have no luck finding it, any suggestions?, thx

-Nick

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

You can use Tweak UI to remove teh arrow from shortcuts.

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

If you are just wanting to remove the shortcut overlay, you can use tweakui. Check the screenshot to see if that is what you are wanting to do.

4. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Jut right click on the ini file to install it.

5. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

I installed the file and i have the folder on my dek but how do i use it? there is no program in it?

6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Look in control panel.

7. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

i dont see it there?

8. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Yeah if you right clicked on the tweakui.ini file in the zip file, I provided, and selected install it should place a shortcut, labeled Tweak UI, in control panel. (See attached)

9. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

i opened the file and all i see tweakui.cnt tweakui(its like a readme icon)tweakui (the icon is like a question mark with a bluebackround)and tweakui read me thing. im lost :/

10. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Maybe this will help you. See attached.

*Note*
    Error in your sig. Change the end img tag to /img. Don't forget the brackets. [​IMG] See? :p

11. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

heh, thx alot,, i feel like an idiot, i have another questin, when i try to load microsoft works task launcher it doesnt load, it brings up the beggining screen the dissaperes?

12. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Couldn't help you on the task launcher, since I don't use Works. Might want to post the under Applications. Glad you got Tweak UI working now. :happy:

13. Homerbalooza

Homerbalooza Guest

another question for icons, is there possible to change the icon of a non shortcut icon, like IE ect?.... If you have AIM msg me at Homerbalooza, its easier there