Icon Question

H

Homerbalooza

I was trying to find a program to make my icons not look like shortcuts. Take off the little arrow thing, someone told me a program like winhand or somthing like that but i have no luck finding it, any suggestions?, thx

-Nick

Originally posted by Homerbalooza
I was trying to find a program to make my icons not look like shortcuts. Take off the little arrow thing, someone told me a program like winhand or somthing like that but i have no luck finding it, any suggestions?, thx

-Nick
If you are just wanting to remove the shortcut overlay, you can use tweakui. Check the screenshot to see if that is what you are wanting to do.

I installed the file and i have the folder on my dek but how do i use it? there is no program in it?

I installed the file and i have the folder on my dek but how do i use it? there is no program in it?
Look in control panel.

i dont see it there?
Yeah if you right clicked on the tweakui.ini file in the zip file, I provided, and selected install it should place a shortcut, labeled Tweak UI, in control panel. (See attached)

i opened the file and all i see tweakui.cnt tweakui(its like a readme icon)tweakui (the icon is like a question mark with a bluebackround)and tweakui read me thing. im lost :/

i opened the file and all i see tweakui.cnt tweakui(its like a readme icon)tweakui (the icon is like a question mark with a bluebackround)and tweakui read me thing. im lost :/
Maybe this will help you. See attached.

*Note*
Error in your sig. Change the end img tag to /img. Don't forget the brackets.
holms5.jpg
See? :p

heh, thx alot,, i feel like an idiot, i have another questin, when i try to load microsoft works task launcher it doesnt load, it brings up the beggining screen the dissaperes?

heh, thx alot,, i feel like an idiot, i have another questin, when i try to load microsoft works task launcher it doesnt load, it brings up the beggining screen the dissaperes?
Couldn't help you on the task launcher, since I don't use Works. Might want to post the under Applications. Glad you got Tweak UI working now. :happy:

another question for icons, is there possible to change the icon of a non shortcut icon, like IE ect?.... If you have AIM msg me at Homerbalooza, its easier there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back