IBM machine bustin my...........

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

My Brother in law showed up two days ago with a new HD (10gig) and a fresh, still in the wrapper Windows XPHome, and asked me to install this into his IBM PIII 733 Netvista tower (I think this is the worlds smallest ATX tower, looks like that anyway). I drop the HD into the IDE1 master, The IDE2 Master is occupied by a dvdrom, thats it. This thing will not boot up from the XP CD at all. The BIOS is an absolute joke, I cannot select a first boot device in it. I tried a win98 boot disk with cdrom support. I tried uninstalling the A: drive to see if the tower is actually somewhat smart enough to look for the next boot device, no luck. Is there someway I can get Windows XP into this machine?

Heeter

What are the difference between those and the XPCD?

Heeter

Well if that PC won't boot to a CD, it will boot to a floppy........

Yeah they are being recognized. Could there be another bios type screen that I do not know about that might hold the first boot device options. I tried all the F-keys and the delete key as well on bootup.

Heeter

Get latest BIOS off IBM's site and download ModBin (at Binary's Bios) and hack it back to a usable Bios.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back