I will faint when I get this upgrade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pythro, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Pythro

Pythro Guest

Hey what's up. I just ordered this stuff off of newegg.com. This is an upgrade from a P3 500mhz with a geforce 2 mx 400 and 384 mb of pc133 ram. Just wanted to say that when I boot that pc up for the first time and play some games, call the hospital if I faint.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Looks good but don't get to far ahead of yourself. You might boot up & then end up here looking for help. :D :eek:

3. Pythro

Pythro Guest

I have done alot of research on how to put it together and have had some first had experience taking computers apart and putting them back together. This was with a much older computer, but I think I know enough that I can figure it out. If not xp-erience will be my first stop.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well good luck from my end m8... post some screenies of the rig when built yah :)

5. Pythro

Pythro Guest

I'll take some pics and scan them since I don't have a dig camera. In the future I hope to do some apperance upgrades like lights or maybe even a blow hole.

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

are you gtting the 9700pro or regular 9700 (non-pro)...

was just wonderng since both are on the market...

games should be nice... if you have any problems with troubleshooting the 9700... :) go here...

www.rage3d.com

they have a very nice trouble shooting section for the r300 based cards :)

7. Pythro

Pythro Guest

I got the 9700 pro made by sapphire. I was gonna get the 9700 but I ended up with some more money to spend.

8. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Quote "Just wanted to say that when I boot that pc up for the first time and play some games, call the hospital if I faint."

You will faint and mess your pants if you forget to plug your cpu cooler in !:p

We all make simple mistakes....when excited;)

9. OTE

OTE Guest

BonyTony u talkin from xperience there m8 :D

one of my friends managed to put themal compund (i think it was that - the sticky stuff that holds stuff together rather than the paste which just aids heat transfer) :rolleyes:

10. OTE

OTE Guest

**would be a good idea to acctually finish posts**

anyway he put thermal compund over his CPU and when he tried to replace it the damn things wouldnt com apart :huh: :eek:

11. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

LOL

I did that a couple of year ago to an amd1.4
    it melted the motherboard as well :eek:

silly silly mistake ..::but very costly..::

now I triple check everything before the power goes on

:p :p

12. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

Am I the only one who thinks this guy needs to get laid?

;)

13. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

behave :eek:

14. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Err yes i am talking from Experience...i upgraded my cpu athlon 1.2 i think (long time ago) and in all the excitement i forgot to re-connect my cooler ...halfway through boot up i heard a bang i immediately jumped towards the plug sockets screaming no..no..no and feeling dizzy,but the lucky outcome was that i had a volcano9 cooler on and it must have done enough un-powered to allow the mb to cut itself out as i had no damage to anything.

The simple mistakes are the worst:p

15. Grymblayd

Grymblayd Guest

Experience is great , and no matter how much you have ....every once in a while you find yourself saying "WHAT THE?"

Grym(and wondering why my CD-rom is spinning backwards)blayd

16. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

i hope you ordered a keyboard and mouse otherwise you would be one Pi$$ed off monkey lol:D