I will faint when I get this upgrade

P

Pythro

Hey what's up. I just ordered this stuff off of newegg.com. This is an upgrade from a P3 500mhz with a geforce 2 mx 400 and 384 mb of pc133 ram. Just wanted to say that when I boot that pc up for the first time and play some games, call the hospital if I faint.

Looks good but don't get to far ahead of yourself. You might boot up & then end up here looking for help. :D :eek:

I have done alot of research on how to put it together and have had some first had experience taking computers apart and putting them back together. This was with a much older computer, but I think I know enough that I can figure it out. If not xp-erience will be my first stop.

well good luck from my end m8... post some screenies of the rig when built yah :)

I'll take some pics and scan them since I don't have a dig camera. In the future I hope to do some apperance upgrades like lights or maybe even a blow hole.

Originally posted by Pythro
I'll take some pics and scan them since I don't have a dig camera. In the future I hope to do some apperance upgrades like lights or maybe even a blow hole.

are you gtting the 9700pro or regular 9700 (non-pro)...

was just wonderng since both are on the market...

games should be nice... if you have any problems with troubleshooting the 9700... :) go here...

www.rage3d.com

they have a very nice trouble shooting section for the r300 based cards :)

I got the 9700 pro made by sapphire. I was gonna get the 9700 but I ended up with some more money to spend.

Quote "Just wanted to say that when I boot that pc up for the first time and play some games, call the hospital if I faint."

You will faint and mess your pants if you forget to plug your cpu cooler in !:p

We all make simple mistakes....when excited;)

BonyTony u talkin from xperience there m8 :D

one of my friends managed to put themal compund (i think it was that - the sticky stuff that holds stuff together rather than the paste which just aids heat transfer) :rolleyes:

**would be a good idea to acctually finish posts**

anyway he put thermal compund over his CPU and when he tried to replace it the damn things wouldnt com apart :huh: :eek:

Originally posted by BonyTony
Quote "Just wanted to say that when I boot that pc up for the first time and play some games, call the hospital if I faint."

You will faint and mess your pants if you forget to plug your cpu cooler in !:p

We all make simple mistakes....when excited;)

LOL

I did that a couple of year ago to an amd1.4
it melted the motherboard as well :eek:

silly silly mistake ..::but very costly..::

now I triple check everything before the power goes on

:p :p

Am I the only one who thinks this guy needs to get laid?

;)

Err yes i am talking from Experience...i upgraded my cpu athlon 1.2 i think (long time ago) and in all the excitement i forgot to re-connect my cooler ...halfway through boot up i heard a bang i immediately jumped towards the plug sockets screaming no..no..no and feeling dizzy,but the lucky outcome was that i had a volcano9 cooler on and it must have done enough un-powered to allow the mb to cut itself out as i had no damage to anything.

The simple mistakes are the worst:p

Experience is great , and no matter how much you have ....every once in a while you find yourself saying "WHAT THE?"

Grym(and wondering why my CD-rom is spinning backwards)blayd

i hope you ordered a keyboard and mouse otherwise you would be one Pi$$ed off monkey lol:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back