I want to block Egypt....

I mean its true though, country's would start fighting over eacher other, Iraq blocks USA....

Originally posted by 03bigMark03
This is MAD. Why would you want to block an entire country, I mean your friends, just log the excessive spamming and block them IP's, I think it's stupid blocking whole country's, I mean if we did country's would start blocking USA etc lol. Mad.

Thats what China is trying to do.

They try to block out USA themselves, so google can not be used and more.

who would've thought that the internet, its purpose to encourage globalisation, will be just another battle ground..

it would be kind of funny tho .. :D

It allready is a battle ground.

/me points towards the FBI and then points towards the crackers with their ****ing viruses.

now, now, people. lets not point at everyone.

/me points at geffy

Originally posted by Leo154
yes.. I want to block absolutely all IPs coming from Egypt... my site features CPanel X which is cool... and has IP deny... but I want to block the entire nation of Egypt... from accessing my site.

:D

There are two ways I would look at this problem

1. I would code to allow visitors from 'only the countries I wanted to view', rather than those that don't want to view.

2. A lot of these people that have network access don't actually live in the country/countries you want to block.

Furthermore I will add , you have to be a certain caste to be allowed access to the internet in the middle east. In Iraq (when Hussain was in power) if you were caught with a PC or sattellite equipment you would be hung. Same goes for Iran, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

I would say, just allow only visitors from the countries you would want to come to your site, like USA, Canada, Europe, Australasia etc....

Re: Re: I want to block Egypt....

Originally posted by Lee G
There are two ways I would look at this problem

1. I would code to allow visitors from 'only the countries I wanted to view', rather than those that don't want to view.

2. A lot of these people that have network access don't actually live in the country/countries you want to block.

Furthermore I will add , you have to be a certain caste to be allowed access to the internet in the middle east. In Iraq (when Hussain was in power) if you were caught with a PC or sattellite equipment you would be hung. Same goes for Iran, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

I would say, just allow only visitors from the countries you would want to come to your site, like USA, Canada, Europe, Australasia etc....

Hahaha... you really have no idea what you are talking about.. :D

hahaha... "in iraq you would be hung..." haha...

I am laughing so hard seriously.. oh ... badgers!

Re: Re: I want to block Egypt....

Absolute BS. Where did you read this? :rolleyes: I used to live in Saudi Arabia, and if you wanted internet access, you got it! Yes, people there get hung for murdering, etc, yes the Saudi goverment censors the internet, but you don't get hung if you use the internet!

Born in Pakistan, however I've lived in the Middle East(Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, U.A.E) all my life. Currently I'm in Calgary, Canada. My family and I came here about 3 years ago.

Re: Re: Re: I want to block Egypt....

Originally posted by Leo154
Hahaha... you really have no idea what you are talking about.. :D

hahaha... "in iraq you would be hung..." haha...

I am laughing so hard seriously.. oh ... badgers!

Guess you have no idea of what the word 'caste' means then!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I want to block Egypt....

Guess you have no idea of what the word 'caste' means then!

What's social class go to do with this?

You have no idea wtf you're talking about... where did you hear junk that in the middle east you get "hung" for using the internet?

Its so obvious that you made that up from your twisted stereotype attitude.

So don't rabble $hit boy....

BTW, I happen to BE Iraqi, and had communication with my family in Iraq "under Saddam Hussein", and it was easier to email them before than it is now. and they weren't in your certain hypothetical "caste".

all right guys... play nice now :)

we don't need to start any flame wars...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back