I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't work.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mapotholik, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Mapotholik

Mapotholik OSNN Junior Addict

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Re: i tried to follow these instruction to backup gmail account but it didn't worked.

Ok let's start with the basics.

Upon skimming the page it says:
    If yes, did you select
    or

3. Mapotholik

Re: I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't wo

yes, allowed "pop" for all mail. then i wanted to use my email client again so i changed it back to "now on".

i can try to do check it again.

4. Mapotholik

Re: I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't wo

ok, so i now tried to make "allow all" at the pop gmail settings again but i'm getting this message:

what would you suggest to do?

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved.

6. Mapotholik

help?

7. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

So why do you want to do this? Why not just use an email client like outlook or thunderbird?

8. Mapotholik

so, why do you use the word so?

i want to use these instructions because i want to backup all my emails to a folder as mentioned there somewhere.

thanks,