i think my tv has given up the will to live..

sigh.. apparently my tv doesnt want to turn on.. it makes a noise like its trying to that pitch they make.. then nothing.. checked plugs and such nothing... its only 3 1/2 years old but it was a 85 dollar 19" at cosco.... but still that seems a lil young for it to kick the bucket.

awwww...its sad when u lose a tv. Lots of memories...;)

It always sucks when a TV dies. I'm a bit surprised at the short life span of the your TV, however. :(

To this day I still use an Emerson 13" TV that I bought my 1st year of college in 1991. The thing has been left on for days if not weeks at a time and the picture is still as good as the day I got it and it's been to hell and back.

I've watched a number of my larger TVs die after only 5-10 years and it's pretty sad that with the technology we have these days that the life spans are so short. Then again... I believe companies intentionally make things die quickly because if they made them to last then their profit margins would drop. I still have a 33 year old refrigerator that works just like it was new because back then things were made to last... now they aren't. Newer refrigerators won't last 33 years. It's all about profits and cheap production costs...

rotjong

You can't buy anything to last these day's :rolleyes:
I have a telly that is 19 year old and never had any problem's with it,it's a cheap brand 14" portable that sit's in my kitchen but it's a damn good one :D

I totally agree...i have a few things that are old and work really good. My friends have some of the same things i have but are newer and have had problems. Another example are vehicles. Look at the old trucks back in the 70's and 80's. My dad had a few trucks from that age that were made tough and sound like a real truck. Now u get some nasty truck that makes no sound and doesnt have a manly look. They are making all the new crap futureistic but i guess that is gonna get worse as time goes cause u gotta keep up with the times. When i get my first vehicle its gonna be an older truck cause they run great.

i have abottle of scotch from 1950 and it never gets emty! lol sigh.. yah thinsg break and its easier to buy a new one than to fix them .

I bought a video recorder years ago and when I got it home it was knackered,I got it replaced that one was knackerd,after trying 4 I finally got a working one :rolleyes:
After all that it ended up lasting about 8 year till it broke which wasn't bad :D

I still have my stereo equipment. It's going on 7 years old. But I have also went through 5 portable CD players, and alot of other stuff.

I've read that plces like Walmart and Costco sell refurbished electronics. That might explain the premature death.

I still have a TV from the early 80s ... maybe even older than me. I'm waiting for it to become an antique so I can sell it on ebay, hehe. :D

Grandmaster said:
I've read that plces like Walmart and Costco sell refurbished electronics. That might explain the premature death.
Dixons used to do that and sell them as brand new,I can't remember how many times they were done for it :rolleyes:

i have some alochol that is aged 8 years when it was bottled and then we had it for like 5 more years. It taste better than it does new :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back