I smell RTM...

You'll get it in no time. It's an incredibly nice gesture though.. seriously!

Now I will have two legitimate copies. (another from MSDNAA..)

My admins here are really, really slow with updating MSDNAA. :(

I got my invite from a Microsoft rep at a tradeshow I was at. I'm glad I helped fix his ACER laptop and Svideo out display using Vista. :)

I tried downloading twice last night, first time it got 2/3 of the way there and then died. I tried again and couldn't get it started.

Downloading again now, only 55kb/s though :(

Just gotta be patient, especially if you have an nvidia card :eek:

Dangit, can't seem to get my key. Keep receiving an error occured while trying to process your key

:(

Still downloading. I won't have time to install it anytime soon. Maybe anyway.

8 Hours 15 minutes remaining :(

Good thing I have to work today or I'd go nuts waiting for it :p

kc: I heard your download got paused 5 minutes after you went to work.

In any normal situation that may cause me to freak out, but I just remote conected and it's still going

Jerk :p

I just heard when you disconnected your remote connection it cancelled it.

its not even starting, just sitting there :( ....

*edit*
its going now...

so only loads of hours left. but then comes the decision. upgrade/full/dual? x86/x64? Hmmmm

Last edited:
why is it that i cannot see the DL on connect. i have submitted a few bugs to M$. where is on connect? maybe i am being a moron and not seeing it.

I'm going to go full x86 - I have heard/read bad things about x64 support as of yet.

bloody download seems to be capped at 30kbs!

i heard/hear bad things about xp64 as well, but never had too any problems.

^At Least your is still going...

I'm a bit nervous, can't access my PC atm :(

Rep'd!

why is it that i cannot see the DL on connect. i have submitted a few bugs to M$. where is on connect? maybe i am being a moron and not seeing it.
Check your email, they send out an email giving you a link to your survey which is actually a terms of agreement to acknowledge. they will then give open up a new Participation area of the Final version!

By the way, mine is stuck at 75% (x64). It can't reconnect. I have had several interrupted errors - and the "ON" label is enabled which means their servers must be overloaded since they are capping bandwidth.

Sad. Well I dont have a product key just yet anyways, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt receive an email form them in any way. DAMMIT! i have submitted some issues to them. i noticed that connect has added a news event stating this:

11-17-06 - Free Copy of Vista - To qualify you must have submitted a bug on Connect during the beta. If you did and have not received email confirming your eligibility, please send us your Connect Handle and the FeedbackIDs for all submitted bugs. You may find the FeedbackIDs for all Windows Vista / Longhorn Server bugs on Connect

I dont have any feedback ids. i hope i am not screwed, i sent my info to here LHBeta@microsoft.com so i hope this is the correct location to email them this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back