I smell RTM...

Heh, been using the RTM build since yesterday. Didn't realize there was a public leak already though. :)

Just wondering, with the RTM that is released, when using the RC1 product key, what version will you end up getting? eg Home, starter, ultimate???

And if it turns out to be just the Home version, is it possible to recreate the iso and rename the file (eg install_Windows Vista HOMEBASIC.clg that is located in the x:\sources folder) to ultimate?

EDITED for some support
thx madmatt

Last edited:
Uhh? Crack? You haven't read the forum guidelines have you?

In other words, nobody will respond to your message. Buy the software legally or don't ask for support on this forum. Thank you.

Honestly, Vista uses about 2GB of RAM to act like Windows XP with 1GB of ram.

Just wondering, with the RTM that is released, when using the RC1 product key, what version will you end up getting? eg Home, starter, ultimate???

And if it turns out to be just the Home version, is it possible to recreate the iso and rename the file (eg install_Windows Vista HOMEBASIC.clg that is located in the x:\sources folder) to ultimate?

EDITED for some support
thx madmatt
I believe the ability to use your RC1 key won't last for too long.

In regards to the DVD however, each version of Vista will be on it. It depends on the PID you enter as to which version will get unlocked. Eventhough you can pick a version and not enter a key for 30 days, but then you will need the right key for that version at the end of that 30 day period.

Honestly, Vista uses about 2GB of RAM to act like Windows XP with 1GB of ram.

Vista RC1 on my 3800-X2 with 1 gig of Ram and the X1600 pro runs super smooth and I got a 4.5 vista score

It runs really nice will all eye candy enabled bu default.

RTM running nicely here and grabbing office 2007 from msdn now :D

I, too, am grabbing Office as I type this.

411MB.

25 mins to go :s

nerf 6.5 meg coming in just over 5 days really :eek:
2 meg just doesn't do it for me anymore.

EP, what version did you download off MSDN? Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, or Office Ultimate?

I just read an article that says gaming will be 10 to 15 percent slower on Vista than they are on XP.

MICROSOFT is telling its selected gaming industry chaps that gaming under Vista will be ten to fifteen per cent slower than XP. It is because you have to load the 3D desktop all the time.

So if you play Battlefield 2 or FEAR or any other popular game you are likely to get lower frame rates with Vista. That is certainly not a good buying argument but don’t think you and I have much choice as it looks like a take it or leave it deal. I like Vista as the 3D desktop looks sexy but that is probably its key feature.

Also went on to say that DirectX 10 games will not run at all on XP.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34915

EP, what version did you download off MSDN? Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, or Office Ultimate?

I only saw Professional, at first glance.
Basic would have done me tho to be honest, I only use Excel, Word and Outlook.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back