I smell RTM...

EP posted that on the front page a while ago. =)

Damnit, I did it again :-/

failurbydesign: Should RTM (Release To Manufacturing - go gold, be declared finalised) today or tomorrow. Then, it will take a week to arrive to MSDN subscribers, then official launch on the 30th of November. Will then be released to retail by the 30th of January. This means, if you are a business or a developer, you can get access to it within the week, but if you want to buy it off the shelf, you need to wait till January.

Vista and Office will be released to MSDN and TechNet Plus subscribers within seven days of RTM. It'll be shipped to corporate customers by month end. It'll be available to consumers in January (end of likely).

Vista and Office will be released to MSDN and TechNet Plus subscribers within seven days of RTM. It'll be shipped to corporate customers by month end. It'll be available to consumers in January (end of likely).

I already answered that, though I suspect you and I were typing at the same time. =P

I was. I am slower by the end of the business day.

Update:
The day has finally come: Windows Vista is going gold. And the public announcement that Windows Vista has been released to manufacturing is going to happen tomorrow, November 8, around 11 a.m. PST, sources close to the company are saying.
Source: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=90
The availability to MSDN® Premium subscribers of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system on release to manufacturing.
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/nov06/11-06MSVisualStudioPR.mspx

It's Vista time, baby!

So, Connect beta testers will get no builds? :(

I think we should get something for all of our hard work and countless re-installs....

I can get the software free from my school, but I can't do that until late January when it's released to the public.

We don't even get anything for helping EP run this site.

After 5 years in developement and lets see how many beta installs of LH and Vista, 17-18? A fourth of the time MS has been in existense they have been working on this OS. I guess you could say 3 if you consider they started over in 2003. Anyway great news and looking forward to installing the final... And then on to Vienna beta installs :laugh:

I think now that they've overcome a lot of the "next gen" concept hurdles, the next revision (R2? or Vienna? Whatever...) will probably come much faster because of their streamlined process.

My $0.02!

Spent all last night playing around with the RTM but I still feel that Vista uses too much memory. Lots of nice features but most can be found now as 3rd party apps for XP. First boot up of Vista Ultimate on a new install was using over 300 MB which makes me wonder if this is an OS or a game in disguise, LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back