I need help with a forum

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Monkeykler, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Monkeykler

Monkeykler Guest

2. lechtard

lechtard Guest

What one do you want to use - aand also does your site have PHP and Mysql ???

Any of them out there I would suggest PHPbb ... It's free - if you plan on using Vbulletin you will have to pay 180.00 and 30.00 a year for it ..

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

PHPbb is pretty much difficult for a beginner .. I should try in my sig and see that forum existing on that webpage .. pretty easy to setup .. :cool:

4. Monkeykler

Monkeykler Guest

ummm lets see i have MY SQL and PHP support i also have unlimited bandwidth hard disk space etc and pop3 mail accounts can you please now tell me how i can make my own Forum :)

www.monkeykler.co.uk

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Since you have PHP/MySQL support on your server, I think you should give InvisionBoard a try ... it's a full-featured message board, and it's free too. :)

6. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Invision or PHPBB will do the trick for you. ;)

7. Monkeykler

Monkeykler Guest

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

9. Monkeykler

Monkeykler Guest

i was wondering if any of you could look at my site and tell me what i could do to make it good?

monkeykler

www.monkeykler.co.uk :mad:

10. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Ikonboard is another free one - It uses CGi instead of php .. It crashes alot though ,, They have a PHP version coming out, I'm not sure if it is or not, I have'nt looked into it for a while ..

11. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

phpBB is not hard for a beginner, i started with it, and havent had probs www.phpbb.com

12. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I have had bad experiences with phpBB, plus it can be slow, invision is faster, and to my experience more responsive. Plus xsivforce can make killer skins for it.