I need a .........

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Gowcra, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

Hey guys, Not sure where to post this, so here we go

I just watched a dvd movie, and wanted to know how to extract dvd audio from it in a simple, FREE, easy way.

If you guys know of anything, please let me know, as I dont want to spend ANY money!:) Cheers mates!

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

What do you need the audio to become? MP3? WMA? Or AC3? Do you want the sound out in stereo, or surround?

You can rip the audio with a program like DVD Decrypter, or rip and encode with Flask MPEG into whatever form you like. Check out Doom9.org for a lot more programs. I've been out of "the scene" for a while, so I haven't kept up to date. Flask is definitely the easiest way to go, though. It can demux and re-encode in one step.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You should be able to do it using freeware. Check out the various guides going around. Try a google for dvd audio extract or something like that. I did it a couple of weeks ago but I think I did it the long way.

4. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

i said i did try a google but nothing. Anyone else? Please, and also, mp3 format is just fine.

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

6. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

I need something totall free!

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

8. AcftMecH

AcftMecH OSNN Addict

DVD Shrink

try this website: http://www.dvdshrink.org

I use it to burn movies, but I think you can just extract the sound.

9. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

DVDDecrypter or Smartripper. Both will extract audio, and even do it chapter based. I highly recommend extracting the LPCM stream if available and then encoding that to whatever format you want. If all that's available is the ac3 stream, keep that and don't re-encode it. ac3 is already a lossy format

10. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

i USE dvd decryptor, what do I have to do to get it to do audio mate? i also use dvd shrink

11. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator