I have to use the restore CD to boot-up every day

V

veronica

I have to use the Windows restore CD to boot-up every day

I get the error message:

-----------------------------------------------------
PARSER MESSAGE
RCINT failure. String table ID not found. "50" at line 92.
------------------------------------------------------

Before this I installed an older version of Style XP, some themes and some Logon screens.

I tried to repair with the Windows XP restore CD, but it would not take my password. After that I clicked repair. It may have installed XP, but I had to do this again the next day.

Thank you in advance

Use system restore in xp.

Start/all programs/accesories/system tools/system restore.

Go to the date before u install the older version of style xp

veronica said:
I get the error message:

PARSER MESSAGE
RCINT failure. String table ID not found. "50" at line 92.
------------------------------------------------------

Before this I installed an older version of Style XP, some themes and some Logon screens.

I tried to repair with the restore CD, but it would not take my password. After that I clicked repair. It may have installed XP, but I had to do this again the next day.

Thank you in advance
What kind of restore cd are you writing about?

Lee said:
What kind of restore cd are you writing about?
The Windows Xp restore CD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to use the system restore. It must have deleted all the restore points

when I used the Windows XP restore CD. Is there anything else I can try. I used

the windows XP restore CD to repair it. It would not take my password. The 2nd

time it asked, I told the PC to repair itself with the Windows CD.

Thank you for replying.

reinstall windows is the only thing i can think of...

Well Veronica, usually if you buy a new PC with Preinstalled XP they give you a factory restore disk. On a hidden partition something like *h, all the files and the operating system pre last boot is intalled. So what happens is, you get the PC delivered, you set it up turn it on, it boots you get a welcome screen, asks you to enter product key and then if correct welcomes you in and you're ready.

So a few weeks down the line your PC starts blagging, hanging and feels like it needs you to restore it back to factory setup. Usually you boot via cd you have a screen says something like 'do you want to restore to factory setup' you type 'yes' a few minutes later it's back to how you got it delivered.

Is that the cd you're talking about?

Lee said:
Well Veronica, usually if you buy a new PC with Preinstalled XP they give you a factory restore disk. On a hidden partition something like *h, all the files and the operating system pre last boot is intalled. So what happens is, you get the PC delivered, you set it up turn it on, it boots you get a welcome screen, asks you to enter product key and then if correct welcomes you in and you're ready.

So a few weeks down the line your PC starts blagging, hanging and feels like it needs you to restore it back to factory setup. Usually you boot via cd you have a screen says something like 'do you want to restore to factory setup' you type 'yes' a few minutes later it's back to how you got it delivered.

Is that the cd you're talking about?
Yes. I thought it was called the

Windows XP restore CD. I used it. I clicked repair. It didn't repair because I

got the same error message the next day. Thank you all for your help.

If it is what i think it is, just pop it in cd rom drive, set to boot from cd rom in bios save, reboot and then follow instructions and restore to a fresh PC.

Might be a good idea to ask the company you bought the PC from to supply you a full version of xp, so you don't have to do a restore.

You can just reinstall windows if you got such a serious problem and then update from there.

Last resort is always to format or factory reset.

MY REPONSE IN CAPS
Lee said:
If it is what i think it is, just pop it in cd rom drive, set to boot from cd rom in bios save, reboot and then follow instructions and restore to a fresh PC. IT IS THE WINDOWS XP RESTORE CD. I DID THIS [I THINK]. I CLICKED REPAIR. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ALL MY FILES.

Might be a good idea to ask the company you bought the PC from to supply you a full version of xp, so you don't have to do a restore. I HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS XP RESTORE CD. THE RESTORE I DID WAS WITH THE CD IN CD-ROM.

You can just reinstall windows if you got such a serious problem and then update from there. WON'T I LOSE ALL MY FILES THIS WAY?

Last resort is always to format or factory reset. ISN'T THAT WHAT USING THE WINDOWS XP RESTORE CD IS? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

u could always back up your important files on cd or another hard drive. then when u reinstall using the cd u can just put the files back on your main drive

Me thinks it's the older verison of styleXP not agreeing with post SP1 windows files.

Well dream, I was thinking that also. I was confused about windows restore cd in title.

It quite clearly says at style site you need to be running latest version of xp to install it.

Back to restore cd, I have a system restore (to factory settings) home edition of xp. Witht his cd you can't just install windows like you used to from d.o.s. or overwrite from desktop.

I look at it like this, instead of maybe damaging the hd with a format time and time again, 'veronica' should take this as a learning curve. If he/she can restore back to factory settings, then bit-by-bit add files, even from a backup on a dvd/cd or spare partition, that has to be better. I did a format ( I had removed the hidden partition via fdisk as I upgraded to pro) about a year ago, a high level proper format, I admit it took about 20 hours to get my system back to how I wanted it, it is worth it in the end, rather than maybe getting the bsod, or keep taking the 3 fingered salute, as you keep getting errors.

I did not see mentioned if he/she wrote they have uninstalled it yet. Maybe that could fix it.

yeah...i think u should uninstall it. I was thinkin about sayin it earlier but i found out my yard got forked so i forgot all about it.

Edit: also i would like to know why u installed an older version. another thing to is maybe u should install a new version of style xp.

TittleBitties said:
yeah...i think u should uninstall it. I was thinkin about sayin it earlier but i found out my yard got forked so i forgot all about it.

Edit: also i would like to know why u installed an older version. another thing to is maybe u should install a new version of style xp.
I got an older version of STYLE XP on Kazaa lite.

Thank you all for your replies. I am going to uninstall it now.

ahhh...i think i might know why u downloaded it off kazaa lite ;)

NetRyder posted this way back.......could do the trick.

Fixing the dreaded "Parser Message: Value creation failed " at line 472" error:

This is a problem with the file shellstyle.dll, which is included in most visual styles.
Use the following steps to fix the problem:

1.) Go to your /WINDOWS/Resources/Themes directory, or wherever you may have your themes located.
2.) Go into the directory of the theme your currently using.
Example: Using 'Semplice' by KoL? Navigate to /WINDOWS/Resources/Themes/Semplice
3.) Go into the folder called 'Shell" within the previous directory.
4.) Inside you'll find a folder with a file called 'shellstyle.dll' inside. Now remember the name of the theme your using? (Example: Semplice). You need to rename this folder from Shell to the name of the theme your currently using. If you don't know the exact name, go to Display Properties, and try to Display/Show the theme, the name you see in Display Properties is the name you need to change the 'Shell' folder to.
Example: Using Semplice as an example, the Shell folder for that theme is called 'Shell', in this situation you'll need to rename the folder to 'Semplice'. Easy enough, right?

Note that for multi-part themes, aka themes with more than one variation or color, you'll need to rename each corresponding 'Shell' folder to what is displayed in Display Properties when you try to apply the theme.
5.) Now that you've changed the 'Shell' folder name to correspond with the visual styles name, reapply the theme.
6.) Go to Add/Remove Programs, and voila!

Thanx NetRyder

I think that may be a fix, but I think it would be best if veronica did to get the system stable enough to do a backup and then do a reformat, because god know what that many time of having to do a repair and replace of system files has done to the install.

Hipster Doofus said:
NetRyder posted this way back.......could do the trick.

Fixing the dreaded "Parser Message: Value creation failed " at line 472" error:

This is a problem with the file shellstyle.dll, which is included in most visual styles.
Use the following steps to fix the problem:

1.) Go to your /WINDOWS/Resources/Themes directory, or wherever you may have your themes located.
2.) Go into the directory of the theme your currently using.
Example: Using 'Semplice' by KoL? Navigate to /WINDOWS/Resources/Themes/Semplice
3.) Go into the folder called 'Shell" within the previous directory.
4.) Inside you'll find a folder with a file called 'shellstyle.dll' inside. Now remember the name of the theme your using? (Example: Semplice). You need to rename this folder from Shell to the name of the theme your currently using. If you don't know the exact name, go to Display Properties, and try to Display/Show the theme, the name you see in Display Properties is the name you need to change the 'Shell' folder to.
Example: Using Semplice as an example, the Shell folder for that theme is called 'Shell', in this situation you'll need to rename the folder to 'Semplice'. Easy enough, right?

Note that for multi-part themes, aka themes with more than one variation or color, you'll need to rename each corresponding 'Shell' folder to what is displayed in Display Properties when you try to apply the theme.
5.) Now that you've changed the 'Shell' folder name to correspond with the visual styles name, reapply the theme.
6.) Go to Add/Remove Programs, and voila!

Thanx NetRyder
I had the themes on for a brief period. I didn't like them. I didn't have a STYLE XP theme on at the time that it malfunctioned.

I downloaded and installed some FIREFOX themes at the same time. Some of them I didn't like and uninstalled them shortly afterward.

I only used the WINDOWS XP restore CD 2 times, so far. It is the WINDOWS XP CD that came with the computer.

Thank you all for your replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back