I had a Partie.A and Partie.B Virus

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel

Also, just to let everyone know which you may be pleased about, im keeping NAV running in the background now and i have done since last night..

IMHO - I am pleased and I don't think you will regret it in the longrun. This should be quite a lesson to some of the newbies - unless of course one needs practice reformatting!:eek: :eek:

i supose not no.. i do feel safer with the NAV running in the background now.. still wish it didnt use any resources at all though hehe :p

Just to let u know which im sure you do already know, i am not a newbie.. im just someone who likes to keep up the least resources possible so that everything can run smoothly that i want to run.

I am looking at my taskbar near the time and i am only seeing two things which used to be only one. One being my Safely Remove Hardware icon and the other Being NAV. This may give you some idea of how much i do actually have running in my background hehe :rolleyes:

I might even still do a reformat though soon.. i havent reformatted for about 10months now which is still pretty good considering ive never had an anti-virus in the background. But it would be nice to start a fresh but i might just do that after my GCSE's :cool:

i thought id prove it to you also :D

And see, doesnt even have the arrow on it to make the taskbar expand :blink:

I think my computer is running really slow. Everytime i open a file or even a folder, my computer kinda hangs slightly. It is noticeable and im abit concerned considering ive just had that pretty bad virus on my computer

Maybe its just me being paranoid of me still having the virus on my computer or maybe its that NAV using up its area of resources and since im not really used to it yet, thats why i can notice the pause

Saying that, no virus scanners have spotted anything lurking around doing any damage so im not sure whats going on

I think its another thing ive become scared of.. well when i say scared, i mean well i dunno what i mean but i dont mean scared as in frightened. But im now scared of this Japanese Chillisause coz i think thats the stuff thats made me ill for 5days and i think im scared of knowing whethere i have a virus or not.. lol im in the wars :rolleyes:

Says in the theme tune of Smallville

"somebody savvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee meeeeeeee" lol :p

unlucky m8....belive me after your gcse's are done you will have months of time 2 tweak + reformat......................i know i did last year:p

i gota go back after my dam exams 2 start next years courses:huh:

Alex ill race you on re-formating :D Doing a couple of systems here this week. *waiting on parts*

Im sure its nothing, give your system a little TLC! Maintainance always helps. If GAV finds nothing, there is nothing to find!

Your not a victim of the latest security patch from MS are you?

Ah GCSE's, wish I could go back to those days *sigh* those were the BEST days :)

i gotta big problem that is staring at me right in the face.

I am just about to uninstall that buggy MS update you were talking about considering i was thinking it could be that which is slowing my computer down

The uninstall thing has come up and its come up with a number of programs that MIGHT not work when this patch has been removed. What should i do.. The programs that MIGHT not work are:

GAV
NAV
LiveReg (Symantec Corp)
LiveUpdate 1.80 (Symantec Corp)
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) Q810833

What should i do?

Please reply ASAP anyone

Thank you.. sincerly Alex:(

Oh well nevermind.. i think i pressed yes by accident :rolleyes: lol

It look like it has quickened up abit now.. but i cant fully tell yet and the programs do still work which is a relief. All i saw before is:

"Click Finish to restart your computer" and i was like :eek: "Whats going on???" then it rebooted with me still in a skocked/frightened face just waiting for an error message pop up on the startup saying NAV couldnt run or something like that but fortunatly it didnt :p .. arnt my stories so kool and detailed? :D lol

Yea, we'll have to have a race Enyo.. i bet you'll beat me though because im trying everything to hold back reformatting.. lol :p

I dont think i could agree with your thoughts of GCSE's being the "BEST days" .. im not exactly looking forward to whats comming ahead and unfortuately, i havent even started revising yet .. i cant get into the nack of it :(

Henyman - thats reasured me to know that i do have loadz of free time later on.. phew thats a relief.. i just wish i had loadz of free time now though :p hehe

I could sleep for a week!

Good luck on your courses Henyman too :happy:

Enyo - ill run GAV again tonight to see what it finds and ill even run NAV too as a bonus :p

And as for the Reformatting Race Enyo....
Bring It On :cool:

hehe

Alex, take some non-computer advice from me, i can dispence it now and then! Embrace the few days of school you have left! You will do fine with the exams, just get you head down with those study guides with pretty colours and pictures, they really wake you up! lol

Im one of those "not so" old types that say "school days are the best days of your life" :D So stress free, minimal expectation and responsability. Its bliss when you think about it. Mind you i always liked school, didnt even mind the exams. Just make it fun and its all good :)

Ill swap you your exams for mine if you like!

Anyways.... When un-installing the hotfix it just speculates that these things might not work however there are very few apps that actually care about these system files so its OK just to ignore it (with a restore point in hand anyway).

Well as im busy this week i wont be doing any reformatting until monday!! Gives you a headstart :p

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back