I give up

P

PseudoKiller

You are correct if something is illegal it should not be posted but not all things posted are illegal. Kazaa is not illegal, yet. Divx codecs are not illegal. The stuff you d/l is. If you have a codec and need help with that then that is fine. If you say you need help viewing a movie d/l that is an illegal copy and need help viewing it you will not find the help here. If you have a problem with that then go somewhere else. Its not a matter of being politicall correct it is a matter of law. Did you know that if you are sharing a copy of a movie thru Kazaa the MPAA can find out and will notify your ISP. You get a warning first. If you continue your account is terminated. Also if your ISP says and does nothing about it the MPAA can and will sue the ISP. So it is in their best interest to comply. If you post warez and warez links here you risk this website getting into serious crap from the MPAA or RIAA and or various others. Maybe you dont care but most of us do. If you want this changed first you need to say something to the MPAA and or RIAA and get them off everyones backs. You leeched a ton of stuff for free for years and laughed in the faces of them. Now they are biting back. You dont like it then go after them, this site dosent make money and can ill afford a lawsuit.

I didnt want my rant to get wasted since EP shutdown the thread

[P§eüðøKe®]

Should this be a reply to another thread and not a new one?

Hehe, the thread he wanted to reply to was closed so he started a new one.

it was intended as a reply to another thread but when I finished the thread was closed... when I went back not 5 mins later the thread was back open and I already had reposted this here. I didnt want my rant to go to waste and I dont have moderator privledges so I cant merge and all that fun stuff... I am sure it will be deleted :( Like it states 'I Give Up'

F the MPAA and RIAA, if people and websites keep allowing them to make up all the rules we might as well become a communist country. they currently want to put a bill through that will make taping a show off tv and handing it to your mother illegal and copyright infringement. you should be able to back up anything and everything that you own without any persecution under court rulings. stand up for your rights instead of bowing down to powerful institutions based on threats. if you don't wanna DL a movie that you don't own then thats your personal preference but you can talk about it all you want (except for here lol). if you are not hosting illegal files then there is nothing they can do. you can talk about whatever you want but the forum sets the rules for that. don't blame the MPAA for your forum rules, you chose them.

dlovely... wtf is your point exactly?

the point of US is that you should not violate forum rules... they have been explained pretty clearly...

abide by them... they are there for a reason..

Originally posted by Dlovely
F the MPAA and RIAA, if people and websites keep allowing them to make up all the rules we might as well become a communist country. they currently want to put a bill through that will make taping a show off tv and handing it to your mother illegal and copyright infringement. you should be able to back up anything and everything that you own without any persecution under court rulings. stand up for your rights instead of bowing down to powerful institutions based on threats. if you don't wanna DL a movie that you don't own then thats your personal preference but you can talk about it all you want (except for here lol). if you are not hosting illegal files then there is nothing they can do. you can talk about whatever you want but the forum sets the rules for that. don't blame the MPAA for your forum rules, you chose them.

Well it looks like you missed the whole point... I guess youll be handling all the legal fees

my point is what is the exact reason for not talking about warez? people can post about stupid things as "whats ur favorite drink" which even isn't computer related but you can't talk about warez?
so what im asking is what is the criteria for making the rules and are they made out of fear from organizations like MPAA etc...

You dont like the rules you can always leave and go somewhere else. These are the rules and you dont own this site. Either make you own site or go away. Up to you

[P§eüðøKe®], is right those are the forum rules, the owner of this site Waddy, has made them clear.

:cool:

You can read the Forum Guidelines which were written by the Admins of this site. The rules are there for a reason, so the site doesn't get shut down.

Originally posted by catch23
This site would be shut down if it allowed help and/or access to warez.

Really dosent matter... the rules here state no warez talk d/l's and so on... These are the rules. Dont like them then ppl need to go elsewhere. I dont own this site. I like alot though so try to obey the rules. It is easy to do. I dont think they are unfair. I dont deal in warez and if I did I wouldnt do it here. Simple. Lots of other places and forums for that stuff

Originally posted by Iceman
[P§eüðøKe®], is right those are the forum rules, the owner of this site Waddy, has made them clear.

I aint talking to you Iceman... youre a mean and nasty person. bad Iceman bad bad

Originally posted by Iceman
LMAO, come back I miss u already, don't hold a grudge.

Dont kick me when I have to use that dam Jirc...sloooooooowww

Ok, I won't kick you, if you don't talk about my sister. Deal?

Fine then but no comments or jokes about my bald head

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back