I.E. Locking up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brian512000, Oct 3, 2002.

1. brian512000

brian512000 Guest

I tried to access my bank account and halfway through the login i.e. froze, the same has happened on oyher sites as well but not all the time (I got here).
    I am running an athlonxp2000 with 700meg of ram and 300gig h/d, I haven't put sp1 on . something about not being registered ;)
    Can anyone come up with a explanation or hopefully a solution?

2. Rootz

Rootz Guest

Do you need to use a digital certificate for authentication on the bank system?
    Does this happen with other logins?

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Has it only just started? Installed nothing that might affect it? Try doing a system restore.

4. brian512000

brian512000 Guest

I haven't installed anything or changed the settings in IE . Everthing was fine till last week and now I am at a loss. The system freezes after the initial login on other sites as well as the bank

5. Hipster Doofus

If you have a recent restore point you could try system restore. Or try repairing xp. :confused:

6. brian512000

brian512000 Guest

unfortunately i don't have a restore point

7. mbunny

mbunny Guest

8. brian512000

brian512000 Guest

I have installed mozilla, it looks very good . My bank site will only support IE or netscape 4.08 (not 7) so I'm stuck:(

9. Hipster Doofus

10. mbunny

mbunny Guest

brian: http://www.xulplanet.com/downloads/prefbar/

go download that. It has a setting so that it tricks pages into thinking its IE or Netscape or whateva u want. Its a mozilla plugin btw.

Also makes it really easy to disable/enable javascript+popups on the fly.

Send your bank a friendly email asking them to support Mozilla. It ain't hard seeing as Netscape IS Mozilla.