I am upgrading my CPU

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by neoterixx, Jun 19, 2003.

1. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I have an ASUS a7V 333 Mobo and Im upgrading my now athlon 2000Xp to a 2700Xp, if my bios is updated, I should just be able to pop in the new CPU without a problem and change settings in my bios right????

Will windows function normally ?:D

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

yup and i dun know :)

I would suggest perhaps formatting since windows id's your rig per the hardware config... ergo... it will have changed a bit..

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i did a friends A7V333 with the 2700 chip.
    Flash to the new BIOS and when it boots withh the new chip it popped the bios up and asked what speed i wanted, 3 choices. its so easy :)

4. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

awesome thanks.hopefully the transition goes smoothly. Thanks for the prompt response.

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

one of the only kt333 boards that supports a 333fsb, isn't it? seeing as it was made before the 333fsb processors were even talked about, good job asus. :)

6. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Yeah I think the 2400 Xp was the fastest processor @ the time when I got this motherboard.

7. cs-cky

cs-cky Guest

buy

i would love to buy your old processor from you. MY e-mail is t_wolf_87@hotmail.com and my aim is crashwolf87

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

it does make the mobo a little warm though running the 2700, so i advise good case fans, me mate jumped 7 degrees on the mobo when we switched to 333 fsb. good old thermaltake smart fans to the rescue :)

9. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Im actually upgrading to give my old processor for another system, sorry :(.

I have a thermaltake on my CPU now, with arctic silver, and four case fans. If my system will get hot I will just invest in a new CPU cooler.

10. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

that should be a fairly cold system with four case fans

11. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

its moderatley cold.