[HTML + PHP] Formmail isn't doing things correctly

zapoqx

Striking Master
I've been helping someone redo his entire form submission so that it didn't use a cgi method of submission and instead use a PHP method.
First part:
The guide for setting up can be found here:
DT Scripts: Form to email Guide Documentation

Second Part:
The download can be found here:
DT Scripts: Viewing Source for formmail_code/formmail.x.phps

Issue:
I've been trying to use the "redirect" method in the html file. The problem is that no matter what happens, instead of redirecting to the html file that I specify through the use of:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="thanks.htm">
Instead, it uses the else method of the redirect in the php field by saying "Thank you for your submission"
On top of that, in the e-mail, unless I misunderstood something, the following codes:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="ar_file" value="/php/autoresponder.txt">
<input type="hidden" name="ar_subject" value="Thank you for your interest!">

Seem to come inside the e-mail of the form recipient (aka the site host specified in the code) and doesn't even try to come to the user's defined e-mail. Instead, in the e-mail to the form recipient, they get no e-mail address for the "from" and they get this appearing in their e-mail at the top:
ar_file: /php/autoresponder.txt
ar_subject: Thank you for your interest!
This is before the proper values appear in the e-mail.

Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back