HTML Code

Wooooo! Fame at last in a posted screenie! :cool:

Seriously though - your browser drop downs are a feature and not really a site issue I think (you'd surely notice the same on any VB forum, and probably other web pages too)....

You might get a better response posting as a new thread in the right forum (coding and design or browser related window app).... or possibly in a mozilla forum for the dropdowns scripting - I am guessing there, I've only ever enabled such extra scripts in IRC and I wish I hadn't!.

This site does not control or change your context (right click) menus.

You guys are not understanding. My right click no longer works (on this and some other boards) in the reply fields to edit anymore - if I right click it acts as though it's clicking in the webfield (back forward reload). In other words it does not recognize the difference.

I think I understood that, but thought you knew....

keyboard shortcuts are your friend, I am guessing you wanted <CTRL> V maybe?

I think you may be right- perhaps a coupel of VB releases back you could use textual manipulation like that - is that what the little text toggle button at the top right does? /me goes to try... yeah, try that little grey "A"/bigger bolder "A" icon thinger - I think it may make you happy bunny (so rep me!) hehe

Sometimes I will accidentally hit a key and all the text I just typed is erased. I used to be able to "undo" and get all the text back.

Also, See the image below - I can no longer cut and paste it, I can only copy text and often it won't even copy the text to clipboard

Now this issue where there is an Image in the edit field where there should be tags:

And if I cut and paste something with a link, it will automatically add a word as a link.

Last edited:
Lynchknot > Not sure if I’m understanding what your asking but I will give you something to look at, awhile back there was an update or something (I don’t remember for sure) that in the “Message editor interface” in the User CP that made “WYSIWYG Editing” selected by default and a lot of people aren’t used to that (so there again if I remember right) there’s no “paste or Undo” in the right click menu. If this is what you’re talking about then…

Enter the User CP under “settings & options” select “Edit options” then scroll down to “Miscellaneous options” message editor interface if “Enhanced Interface-WYSIWYG Editing” is selected then change it to “Standard Editor” and see if that’s what you’re looking for (the standard editor has paste and Undo on the right click menu).

Thanks bush dog. That was it. It was so annoying that I would have to rewrite my posts because I would accidentally hit a wrong key and it would "goback" or delete and would not recover all the text I just wrote - glad I can "undo" the mistake now

Back to normal now

Ehm, ive never seen those bbcode Xtra menu's EVER before using ANY browser.

BBCode xtra Mr.X - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/491/

Last edited:
Have you tried just using keyboard shortcuts? Sometimes when I am writing a long post or something I will just select all (ctrl-a) then hit copy (ctrl-c) and keep on typing. Its kind of like saving, except you are just copying it to the clipboard. Of course you paste by hitting (ctrl-v)

Those are all common place and very useful commands, perhaps you can have the enhanced WYSIWYG UI and use those shortcuts at the same time.

Have you tried just using keyboard shortcuts? Sometimes when I am writing a long post or something I will just select all (ctrl-a) then hit copy (ctrl-c) and keep on typing. Its kind of like saving, except you are just copying it to the clipboard. Of course you paste by hitting (ctrl-v)

Those are all common place and very useful commands, perhaps you can have the enhanced WYSIWYG UI and use those shortcuts at the same time.
I don't like WYSIWYG - even for webpage creation.
I already know copy/paste shortcuts is there one for cut? How would one "undo" a complete delete of a post using shortcuts? There must be a shortcut for that.

*edit - I wasn't thinking I could just go to my browser's edit/undo Unfortunately if you accidentally goback you will lose your post before you post it.

Last edited:
You can turn off the WYSIWYG editor in UserCP (I did for the record).

I don't like WYSIWYG - even for webpage creation.
I already know copy/paste shortcuts is there one for cut? How would one "undo" a complete delete of a post using shortcuts? There must be a shortcut for that.

*edit - I wasn't thinking I could just go to my browser's edit/undo Unfortunately if you accidentally goback you will lose your post before you post it.

Yes, to cut its Ctrl-x and to undo its ctrl-z, I use them all the time in firefox when posting and such.

It's just so much easier, for me, to use my mouse. Here's a new one: why can't I copy this? It's gray-ed out and when I try ctrl-C it won't work unless I attempt it a few times

Works perfectly here. I am sorry, but I can not chase down bugs that might be caused by your extensions. Please do me a favour.

Download a copy of Portable Firefox, let it auto-update to the newest version, since this should create a new clean profile in whatever directory you placed it in, it will be a clean install of Firefox. Then with that try and do what you have been trying to do, especially with regards to the copy/paste issues, and or undo.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 110
well that was a lot of fuss about a little! I mentioned short cuts way back and then there are all these posts about it - and the Editor mode.... I am frankly suprised you needed to take ou the BBextra Code options - presumably they were superfluous to your regular needs then?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back