HP Printer woes on Home LAN

M

MegaHurts

Have Win XP with HP P1100 Deskjet photo printer connected to two other PCs running Win 98se via Linksys hub. Have been able to send print jobs to XP/P1100 PC from two other remote PC running Win98se for months with no problems. However, now whenever I send print jobs from either of the Win 98 PCs to the WinXP/HP 1100 I get "There was an error writing to \\Micron\\hphotos.. There is a problem printing to the network resource because the network is busy". Output starts on the HP1100 with a few lines printed and then stops with the above error message. HP 1100 works fine on host machine.

Made no changes in the network settings I'm aware of.
Can exchange files, view systems, etc. among the networked systems and view printers on each system.
Can send print jobs from the XP PC to the Win 98 PC with an HP 979cxi printer with no problems.
Unistalled and Reinstalled HP P1100 latest XP drivers.
Unistalled and reinstalled HP 970cxi Win 98 drivers on client PCs
Tried renaming XP host PC
Tried renaming printer on network

:confused:

WTF...Any suggestions???

Does error path read \\Micron\\hphotos or \\Micron\hphotos? If first then it is a path problem.

Path is correct:

writing to "\\MICRON\hpphotos" which is the correct path to the printer

Print job starts and then stops with the error notice.....

About the only other thing I've noticed is that it takes a while to get response from the other PCs when "viewing other workgroup PCs" on the XP PC although I have no probs getting responses to the other PCs folders, files etc...

Thanks for taking the time...

Solved this annoying problem

In summary, for each client PC, changed the HP p1100 from default printer to alternative printer, rebooted, and then switched HP p1100 back to default printer.

Have no idea why this worked except it appeared that the XP machine was attempting to use the HP P1100 XP driver when sending jobs from client PCs runing Win98.

Hope this helps others
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back