Hp dv9000z problem

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey everyone,
I dropped my laptop from about six inches onto its back right corner and now the screen won't turn on. The blue lights turn on, the fan turns on and I believe the hdd turns on. but the screen stays dark, I have already taken the screen off and checked to see if the cables to the back of the screen are fastened (They are), and I'm wondering what else could be the problem. I'm trying to find the schematics to check if the video cable is plugged into the videocard on the motherboard. other than that. Any suggestions? Does anybody happen to know where I can find those schematics to access the video card? The screen does still work I guess, when I plugged in the inverter it lit up white for a second then nothing, so im assuming that its disconnected at the video card. Also the quickplay buttons will start the computer, so its definitely a display issue.

Thanks,
Jack

Its an hp pavilion dv9000z laptop.

Hey everyone,
I dropped my laptop from about six inches onto its back right corner and now the screen won't turn on. The blue lights turn on, the fan turns on and I believe the hdd turns on. but the screen stays dark, I have already taken the screen off and checked to see if the cables to the back of the screen are fastened (They are), and I'm wondering what else could be the problem. I'm trying to find the schematics to check if the video cable is plugged into the videocard on the motherboard. other than that. Any suggestions? Does anybody happen to know where I can find those schematics to access the video card? The screen does still work I guess, when I plugged in the inverter it lit up white for a second then nothing, so im assuming that its disconnected at the video card. Also the quickplay buttons will start the computer, so its definitely a display issue.

Thanks,
Jack

Its an hp pavilion dv9000z laptop.
Got it fixed by the way, just had to disassemble it, secure the lose cable and then reset the ram.

All good, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back