howto? - Backup ViceCity cds

thats why they develop the anti piracy software and technologies!

Quote: "by the way microsoft and other major companies cant come into your house to see if u have legit software..."

Who knows...? Your best friend might be a MS spy...!:eek: :D

Big Brother is watching you!!!
Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
shot down? Don't know how you came up with that....

Cracking a copywrite is not legal. Let me repeat that... CRACKING A COPYWRITE IS NOT LEGAL! Get it? Not many companies are going to come after you for doing it if you legitmately own thier programs, but none the less, it is illegal.

edit: or the software in place to protect the copywritten material.

Have you EVER read the EULA for any of your games or software thats on a cd? they all pretty much state you are allowed to make one back up of your cd's for your own PERSONAL use only. you can't sell them you can't give them away nothing. software companys aren't so blind that they think some one isn't gonna drop there cd or scratch it or something, let take adobe for example, you think that if u damaged your cd they would make you spend 600 bucks for a new one HAHAHAHA some one is smokin crack up in this thred read the EULA for anything u wanna make a back up of there all pretty generic and say the same thing. Shoot Blizzard Entertainment even tells you how to back up there games (tho they don't really want you to) u pay 60 bucks for for a liecense to use the software not to own a piece of plastic. lets look at MS and Windows why would they let you slip stream service packs into the original cd and reburn it?? acording to you thats illegal!!! your making a copy!!! omg noooooo. anyways your wrong go read a EULA

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Quote: "by the way microsoft and other major companies cant come into your house to see if u have legit software..."

Who knows...? Your best friend might be a MS spy...!:eek: :D

I work for MS and I can tell you right now we don't do that haha ;)

Originally posted by Krux
Have you EVER read the EULA for any of your games or software thats on a cd? they all pretty much state you are allowed to make one back up of your cd's for your own PERSONAL use only. you can't sell them you can't give them away nothing. software companys aren't so blind that they think some one isn't gonna drop there cd or scratch it or something, let take adobe for example, you think that if u damaged your cd they would make you spend 600 bucks for a new one HAHAHAHA some one is smokin crack up in this thred read the EULA for anything u wanna make a back up of there all pretty generic and say the same thing. Shoot Blizzard Entertainment even tells you how to back up there games (tho they don't really want you to) u pay 60 bucks for for a liecense to use the software not to own a piece of plastic. lets look at MS and Windows why would they let you slip stream service packs into the original cd and reburn it?? acording to you thats illegal!!! your making a copy!!! omg noooooo. anyways your wrong go read a EULA

Thanks Krux for helping me with my point!

And Un4gIvEn1 u just got raped!

cracking an EXE on the other hand is a shady area because then your modifying software to do stuff that it wasn't ment to do or so it doesn't do stuff it was ment to do I was say the only legal no cd cracks are the ones the game dev. release themselfs like UT2K3 there latest patch takes the cd check out.

yeah ure right a lil off topic, but it is still related in a sense :D

Okay guys, calm down. Any more flaming in this thread will result in this thread being closed down.

Originally posted by rushm001
I'm sure a mod will come along soon.

there is nothing wrong about this..just keep your discussion running guys...in the american laws you're allowed to back up your games;)

:cool: oO(hey lieb send me a copy :D )

its a very grey area, you are legally entitled to make a backup, but bypassing copyright is also illegal. Its just one of those things

<------ Microsoft Select Partner

Yes, I have read many EULAs. No, it is not illegal to make a copy for yourself, and I am not really argueing that. I am arguing the fact that this thread is teaching someone how to crack copywrites. This is a method of hacking and going by forum guidelines it is not permitted.

mafia... You have no clue who I am and what I do. What right do you have to label anyone an "idiot"!? If you care to know, I administer a RIS server for my company as well as create automation packages. It is important for me to understand licensing and such in everything I do. Maybe YOU need to read your EULAs a little harder, while I will just let our legal staff do that for me. Thank you!

well hello u just proved ur self wrong! im not telling him how to crack software, im telling him how to back up his game and last time i checked that was legal, tell me the part where i said " to crack the software u need to" so learn to read what poeple write and what the mean when they type that. and by the way trust me a lot of people get lucky and get hired for a job when they don't know anything, not sayin that u are but watch your self, and what u say.

lieb39: Vice city doesn't have copy protection software preventing me from copying the cd?

themafia_69: yeah it does, securerom

now... if this is true, were you not helping him crack a copywrite? I rest my case.

Originally posted by lieb39
I just brought Vice City for the PC, and I was wondering if I can backup my cd's and than play with my backed up cds.

please keep the thread on topic

anymore flaming & this thread will be closed

2z

no

i was telling him what protection it has. god rest ur case uve been raped and ure still getting raped! by telling him the protection doesnt unlock it for him. god u really need to just face the music!

i was telling him what protection it has

yeah... COPYWRITE PROTECTION

and by continuing this thread people are teaching him how to crack a copywrite protection. Do you not understand this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back