how to use the NF7-S Serial ATA device???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by aenima1724, Nov 25, 2003.

1. aenima1724

aenima1724 Guest

I hooked my only HD up using the serial ata device that came with my NF7-S...in bios, i set serial ata to boot first... but it doesnt detect it. why not? :confused:

and i do have the drivers, that came with it, installed in windows, if that matters.

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

1) do you see a raid bios setup screen for a few seconds before windows starts?
    2) does the harddrive have even a bootable os on it?

3. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

after the power on selft tests the next screen it should say press ctrl-s or f4 to enter raid setup. Im assuming that is where you can set it up. I was thinking of doing that but it seemed like more trouble than it was worth but if you notice any diffrence between that and using IDE cables please post it.
    :)

4. aenima1724

aenima1724 Guest

the molex connector or whatever had a wire hanging out just a little, so i pushed it back in and it's working now.

but thanks for trying to help :D

ive only had the comp for a few days and i never ran any benchmark tests or anything before so i cant really tell if its running any faster...but it seems to be running at normal speed or just little bit faster...if that helps you any :rolleyes: