How to Upgrade from Windows 7 Beta to RC Build?

i never recommend upgrading windows os's. Always do a clean install.

I triple the recommendation, when it comes to windows installs.

Heeter

well, i'd say the same

but since these are betas/rc and shouldn't be consider'd 100% reliable anwyways, u could go either way

random note.. woohoo! 1100 posts :D

always clean installs - even ms suggest it, i have been doing that for years

I agree... I've had a computer since 1995 and have never done an upgrade. Always clean install period.

Yup .... clean install is always good... it was a promotion for Vg s post!! :p

I would generally agree but have pretty much upgraded from every build since the first beta I got and have had no issues other than a few which were easily resolved.

When I do finally migrate my main rig I will however do a clean install.

Plus, either upgraded from Vista or XP will really help the MS guys pick up any issues, upgrading from the beta will not really reproduce a real world scenario.

Yea I will be upgrading to RC, i have always done clean installs, but this seems different to me, just beta and rc, and my files and programs are how I want them. So too much work to reinstall and format and all that.

I am waiting till May 5th to grab another x64 OS for my Media Center :D

Already backed up all my movies and songs (I HATE iTunes :( damn thing will likely forget all my settings :( )

According to the email I received from Microsoft about the RC:
IMPORTANT: If you are running Windows 7 Beta you’ll need to back up your data (preferably on an external device) and then do a clean install of the Windows 7 Release Candidate. After installing Windows 7, you will need to reinstall applications and restore your files. If you need help with the installation process, please see the Installation Instructions.

Also:
Please note: All users of the Windows 7 Release Candidate (including Windows Vista users who have upgraded to the Release Candidate) must do a clean installation of Windows 7 RTM. Please keep this is mind as you consider downloading the Release Candidate as opposed to waiting for the general availability release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back